Wisefab Toyota Supra/Soarer steering lock kit.

Hi guys,

Here we go, the kits are ready for production and you can find all the info attached in the mail. Along with the other things, here is video of Fredric Aasbo introducing the kits: [ame="https://vimeo.com/45192882"]https://vimeo.com/45192882[/ame]

So first we do pre-order and to get more orders for everybody we have decided to drop the price for the pre-order and raise it up after pre-order. Kits are not cheap, but include a lot more stuff then the previous kits. For example there are two more arms and a lot more uni-balls on the kits. For everybody's knowledge, the uni-balls are all chrome-moly to withstand long periods of abuse and on certain places we had to use the most expensive uni-balls on the market because of the stresses that the double arm suspension creates.

So the prices:
Front kit is suitable for Toyota Supra and Soarer and price for pre-order is 1999$, the ackermann adjustment kit like on Nissans price is the same: 80$. I strongly recommend that you buy it, as we saw with Fredric, the zero ackermann setting takes alot to get used to and when switched to positive ackermann setting he was very comfortable and pulled a trademark 180 entry. After pre-ordering the price of the kit will be 2199$ .

Rear kit is suitable for Supras only. There is a difference of one Supra and Soarer arm in the rear and we look into this later in the year too, but for now it is only for Supras. The price for the rear is the same as in the front, while pre-ordering 1999$. After pre-order time is done we raise that to 2199$.

Pre-ordering can be done until the 29th of june of 2012 and the first kits will ship mid to end of august.

Ok, here we go, here is the data for the front kit, which suites Soarer and Supra:
Engineered for performance and handling
• 66 degrees of lock, parallel steering - both wheels turn the same angle. As an option, there would be a possibility to buy Ackermann adjustment kit. You could tune your steering geometry either towards positive or negative Ackermann in just a few minutes even at trackside without messing up an alignment.
• Higher roll center (RC). Lowering the driftcar is a must to increase performance and handling, but this would mess up the original factory designed kinematics. It lowers the roll center and increases camber gain. On Wisefab knuckle, both joints have lowered about 60mm, which brings the front RC up on lowered car, providing higher roll stiffness and letting to remove the front anti roll bar (sway bar) that is quite difficult to package with that high lock angles.
• Very good camber control and minimal bump steer with high steering angles. On drift cars the dynamic camber and bump steer is much more important than static. With our kinematics we have assured that the camber would provide very good front grip and bump steer is minimal at all the range of steering.
• Steering jacking control. During steering the car chassis is moving up and down – this is called jacking. Steering jacking is caused by combination of caster, KPI, trail and scrub. On road cars, this effect is used sometimes to balance the car or to help to turn in. During drifting, when steering angle is much bigger, jacking is also bigger, even with the same geometry and it could become a problem. We have changed the geometry that it doesn’t cause any handling issues.
• Consistent and predictable self-alignment torque. Caster is not the only important parameter to provide sufficient self-alignment torque especially at high lock. It’s the combination of different parameters to maintain consistent trail and self-alignment torque. With our setup the steering wheel turns always to the direction of movement and doesn’t get stuck at full lock.
• Adjustable spring and shock absorber motion ratio. The shock lower bracket has 3 attachment possibilities, which allows to change suspension stiffness and handling very quickly without changing the spring and messing up ride heights.
• Other components, packaging and clearance.
This kit assumes coilovers to have enough clearance.
Ride height is designed to be ~80mm from front subframe to ground
Dependent on rim width and ET, wider fenders or fender flares would be needed.
Inner wheel wells need to be slightly modified with tire diameter up to 635mm (215/45R17, 225/45R17, 235/40R17, 225/40R18 etc). Minimum rim diameter is 17”.
Recommended backspacing is ~135mm (7“ ET45; 8“ ET35; 9“ ET20). If ET is smaller, then wheels stay more outwards, if ET is bigger, then spacers need to be used.

• The kit is designed and manufactured the way that after installation and toe adjustment it’s ready to use right away.
• For racing use only!

And the rear kit, that suites Supras only at this moment, since one Soarer arm in the back is in different length (we will deal with that later in the year):
• The main objective of this kit is to provide more rear grip on lowered car. Either if it’s needed to maintain speed with high lock angles in drifting, to get a better start in drag racing or just being faster in circuit racing.
• Higher roll center (RC). Lowering the car is very important to increase performance and handling, but this would mess up the original factory designed kinematics. It lowers the roll center and increases camber gain. On Wisefab Supra rear suspension the RC is brought back in normal range on lowered car providing higher roll stiffness.
• Less camber gain. Supra rear suspension has already a lot of camber gain at original ride height. With lowered car the camber gain gets even bigger. If the car would have only roll motion, then a lot of camber gain wouldn’t be too bad, but during bump motion the camber would change a lot, which would decrease grip. On Wisefab setup the camber gain is decreased to provide a better grip.
• Anti-squat. Original Supra rear suspension has some negative anti-squat. That means the rear would squat a lot during acceleration. Anti-squat is changed to slightly positive to provide more stable motion at rear.
• Adjustable spring and shock absorber motion ratio. The shock has 3 attachment possibilities on rear arm, which allows to change suspension stiffness and handling very quickly without changing the spring and messing up ride heights.
• Other components, packaging and clearance.
Hub to hub length (track) is the same as original, as this is defined by halfshaft lengths.
This kit assumes coilovers to have enough clearance.
Ride height is designed to be ~80mm from front subframe to ground and rear according to front
Dependent on rim width and ET, inner wheel wells need to be slightly modified.
Minimum rim size is 17”. We have tested the kit with 9,5”x18” ET 35
Maximum tire size that is tested is 265/35 R18

• The kit is designed and manufactured the way that after installation and toe adjustment it’s ready to use right away.
• For racing use only!

155277_417520661641155_1620008519_n.jpg

Last edited:
Watching that video and seeing the sick angles made me giggle and immediately want to run out a buy a Supra (Not that I needed much help with that).

Watching that video and seeing the sick angles made me giggle and immediately want to run out a buy a Supra (Not that I needed much help with that).

Agreed. You can pick up a JDM one in Canada for 8K right now. Twin Turbo and everything.

I am pretty knowledgeable on the topic. I was looking at doing an FD import, but frankly I wouldnt have much money left to build with once I bought it. I just have a tight budget.

Supras, older skylines, Rexs, MR2s, Silvia S15's in a year or two :)

Alot easier than the Japan import route. plus you can register a canadian issued vin here in the US. Easy Peasy.

I will def look into purchasing the rear kit for the soarer when it is available since I will be upgrading all my arms and this will make it easy as a one piece deal.
Looks like an awesome product. Just not sold on the pros of the front kit though.

I will def look into purchasing the rear kit for the soarer when it is available since I will be upgrading all my arms and this will make it easy as a one piece deal.
Looks like an awesome product. Just not sold on the pros of the front kit though.

Hit me up, I would be happy to talk to you about what your looking for and what the kit can provide. Will you be at skidpad tonight?

No I won't be going tonight. Beach weekend. But hopefully I'll be at some events in August I believe. I'll contact you when I'm ready :cool:

Back
Top Bottom