windshield wipers!

lowballs

Driver
so ive replaced my switch and motor for my windshield wipers. theyre both good working parts so i know that isnt the problem. the harness is tucked so rubbing isnt an issue either. ive tested for power but it doesnt seem to be getting any. i havent pulled the dash out yet to look at it thoroughly though. basically what happened was that they worked fine for a while then one day i went to turn them on and nothing happened. now occasionally whenever i turn the car on they move for about a second give or take some fractions. would it be a bad ground? bunk wiring or what? i need to get this fixed because driving in the rain is becoming more and more frightening lol

you seem to have a intermittent problem. check for voltage at the connect to the motor, turn the switch on to see if your getting power. you have to isolate sections of the circuit. i like to start off at the load ( in this case the wiper motor). if you are getting power, then connect your voltmeter red lead wire to a good known 12v source and black lead to the ground wire for your wiper motor, this will check for ground. pm me once you have checked

so ive replaced my switch and motor for my windshield wipers. theyre both good working parts so i know that isnt the problem. the harness is tucked so rubbing isnt an issue either. ive tested for power but it doesnt seem to be getting any. i havent pulled the dash out yet to look at it thoroughly though. basically what happened was that they worked fine for a while then one day i went to turn them on and nothing happened. now occasionally whenever i turn the car on they move for about a second give or take some fractions. would it be a bad ground? bunk wiring or what? i need to get this fixed because driving in the rain is becoming more and more frightening lol

i noticed you never mentioned fuses ...just checking that you already inspected those...then you can proceed with what ruby rude said

Back
Top Bottom