Why is the Ksport hand brake so bad?

I have looked up all over the forums about the hydraulic hand brakes and whether or not I should get one, but one thing I see pop up is that you guys bash the K sport hand brake. WHY?! explain as good as possible my penny's are in the hands of your comments.

Also

Lets say the thing is bad, is it fixable?

is there anything that would make it better if i replaced certain parts?

UPDATE!!: so within minutes of posting this I found that someone said the cylinder wears out very quickly. If this is true then would replacing that with say a wilwood one make it any better? if the cylinder is the only thing wrong with it then saying the ksport brake is bad isnt necessarily true.

Last edited:
well once i test mine ill let you know but i CAN tell you that there are 2 cylinders they offer. a 5/8" adn a 3/4". if you have stock brakes get the 3/4" for more hydraulic force. the 5/8" won't lock your wheels.

I have the 3/4" shipping on the way now, and should have it in and test it on bone stock brakes/shitty pads trying to stop 18x9.5 wheels.

well once i test mine ill let you know but i CAN tell you that there are 2 cylinders they offer. a 5/8" adn a 3/4". if you have stock brakes get the 3/4" for more hydraulic force. the 5/8" won't lock your wheels.

I have the 3/4" shipping on the way now, and should have it in and test it on bone stock brakes/shitty pads trying to stop 18x9.5 wheels.

fuck, the one I got has a 5/8 master.

what I don't understand is why do they cost so much? the wilwood master is like 40 the box and handle can't cost 180 bucks...

about the ksport sucking

you will know when you hit your brakes and the safety pin pops out and you get covered in brake fluid -______________-

hmmm....i dont wana be covered in break fluid but it sounds like it just comes down to the master cylinder.

Correct me if Im wrong but if I change it with the wilwood one then it should prefectly fine. no ?

why spend more money in the long run when the PBM one already has a wilwood master and is kick ass, I love mine

I got the Ksport and its not so great. The cylinder is some cheap china crap and the inside seals leak fluid so it wont lock the wheels. So now I have to look for a good cylinder and adapt it to fit. Looks cool though...=/

Back
Top Bottom