why do we not have this in fl? (Video)

Sorry dude but even if the funds were not an issue, their is still no tracks that sweet in Florida.

there arent to many true road courses in america.. let alone sweet tracks..
like seriously how many oval tracks do we need... stock car racing came from the days of prohibition and get away drivers and stuff.. well get away drivers needed to make right turns dammit who the fuck thought of making a track that only has left turns.. only in america i tell you.. stupid shit... I really wonder what insurance on a track like that would be since only in america are people able to sue for the stupidest crap..

like seriously how many oval tracks do we need... stock car racing came from the days of prohibition and get away drivers and stuff.. well get away drivers needed to make right turns dammit who the fuck thought of making a track that only has left turns.. only in america i tell you.. stupid shit... I really wonder what insurance on a track like that would be since only in america are people able to sue for the stupidest crap..

what are you getting at? lol its a cool video and track an wish we had that in Florida. end of story..i did'nt think a video would could controversey...but i forgot im on SFL ; )

what are you getting at? lol its a cool video and track an wish we had that in Florida. end of story..i did'nt think a video would could controversey...but i forgot im on SFL ; )

sorry..i got some beef with nascar.. i just moved back to florida from charlotte, nc home of nascar.. id take any kinda track that allowed drifting.. it wouldnt even have to have nice pretty grass like that one did..

You would be suprised what you find with google earth or even just driving around looking for spots, you guys like your cars right ? spend some time looking for spots.. they are out there.

This^^

Seriously though, how much would it cost to just buy some land and pave out a little layout for now?? No rails, etc, just the land, paving the layout, and probably parking lot. How much land do you actually need? 20, 30, 50 acres?? How wide do you need the road to be? 20, 30ft??

Just wondering...

This^^

Seriously though, how much would it cost to just buy some land and pave out a little layout for now?? No rails, etc, just the land, paving the layout, and probably parking lot. How much land do you actually need? 20, 30, 50 acres?? How wide do you need the road to be? 20, 30ft??

Just wondering...

if someone wants to privately build a track for their own personal use that might not be a big deal.. but if you wanted to build a track open to the public im sure there are zoning issues you gotta deal with.. how the noise effects near by residents and then insurance.. it really doesnt seem like much but you gotta have money or investors..

land costs too much in FL. could probably be affordable like in BFE but then there would be nobody around to drive it...

Land should be cheaper in northern florida no? Guy living next to me who owns like 100acres up north somewhere in florida. Think i remember him saying it was worth like 150k right now but should be worth more was the city expands or something like that. He actually almost lost it bc he couldnt pay the taxes on it this year.

I was asking how much land it would take for the sound barrier. The track would be like 5-10 acres itself, or is that to big? I forget how much it is to pave also. Yes it would be private for now.

Really? Willow springs hello?

Really? Willow springs hello?

yea let me pack up my stuff and drive 3000 miles away... yet it seems every 50 miles i can find me a nice oval track... and yea there are plenty of road course between here and CA.. i just got beef with nascar and was ranting the other day.. .

isnt that numoken's car?

Seriously though, how much would it cost to just buy some land and pave out a little layout for now??

if you had the land for free and didn't have to pull permits it would still be out of anyone's league to pay for the black top. That course was probably in the millions in just paving.

Last edited:
concrete is cheaper than asphalt but last time checked in south carolina paving a 10 acre lot was 115K with asphalt.

With concrete you can get 1/3 more for the same price. If you make a circuit with an actual layout the paving is cheaper since it is less actual material than just paving a big lot but then again you are limiting the potential of the lot. If you are going crazy a actual track would make more sense than a parking lot. Hell just copy and awesome japanese track like meihan or ebisu's school course.

Last edited:
our shop is in the middle of nowhere. we have been considering covering our run down motox track out back and leveling the jumps and turning it into a drift/kart track....

we've been wondering how much it would cost too.

^ call up a paving company and have them come out and give you a quote. Thats the only way to get an accurate picture if it is worth it or not.

Back
Top Bottom