who rolls frenders?

I have the fender roller tool, I'll only let you borrow it if you have Haruguchi style offset rims :D .

The Redline 03 said:
I have the fender roller tool, I'll only let you borrow it if you have Haruguchi style offset rims :D .

haha come to the shop tomorrow. all i have to say is 6 inch lip! 352 256 7173

Last edited:
nfs_emo_fag said:
haha come to the shop tomorrow. all i have to say is 6 inch lip! 352 256 7173

^^^ :eek: . I have something to do tomorrow, depending on what time I'm done I'll go. What shop though smdg?

VERY IMPORTANT WHEN ROLLING FENDERS

Cut small slits in the sheet metal on the inside of the fender. And I mean just take tin scissors and cut a little slit. If you cut to much when you start to pull it will rip to the outside metal. If you don't cut slits you'll end up with dents and waves.

use a heat gun on the inside mostly, to much on the outside and you can ruin the paint and go very slow. I've seen people spend 2hrs on one wheel well to achieve perfection.

like drumfunken said, slow and easy. and EVEN. If you do the front 1\2 all the way and then try to do the second half it will wrinkle or some other bad stuff. I did a 12 inch section a little bit then moved down, did a 12 inch section, moved down, and did it over and over moving the entire fender slowly evenly.

I used a hammer and a propane torch........ But I know how to use these things.

Yeah it does take a little time. I remember on mine we had to slowly make the inner lip paper thin evenly down the inner fender arch. Then started pulling the fender out little by little. The fender roller has a adjustable head, which makes things way easier to stay even or even correct some mistakes. I will say its kinda a pain in the ass if you have short stroke shocks, unless you unbolt them. I did mine kinda quick and it came out nice enough. I needed the fenders rolled and slightly pulled days before a Ter-Tech event. There are a few different ways, it depends on what you like.

DrumFunKen said:
VERY IMPORTANT WHEN ROLLING FENDERS

Cut small slits in the sheet metal on the inside of the fender. And I mean just take tin scissors and cut a little slit. If you cut to much when you start to pull it will rip to the outside metal. If you don't cut slits you'll end up with dents and waves.

use a heat gun on the inside mostly, to much on the outside and you can ruin the paint and go very slow. I've seen people spend 2hrs on one wheel well to achieve perfection.

Do you mean the fender lip....the part that will be rolled flat? And about how many slits do you suggest to cut, and about how far apart?

AWDtoyota said:
Do you mean the fender lip....the part that will be rolled flat? And about how many slits do you suggest to cut, and about how far apart?

yes the inner fender lip that gets rolled flat.

How many and how far apart depends on the car, and over-all size of the wheel well.

s13 like every 4 - 5 inches apart.

basically what this helps is the metal to stretch and conform with the rolling process. If you don't do this when you roll its so tight it starts to pull on other parts of the body and can cause dents and waves. Basically your just relieveing a little stress.

but the key is that u just cut a slit. Like 2-3cm. As you pull that slit will begin to split more. If you cut to far into it at first it will tear to the outer metal.

Last edited:
Hey Noah, I don't know when you'll see this put I still have the tool, will you be at the shop tomorrow?

Of you're going to do bodywork, cut away for ease of pulling. If you're trying to pull without paint, don't cut and go slowly. Metal can stretch very well if you know how to work it.

I've done probably 2 dozen cars with an Eastwood at the shop and only 2 or 3 have needed paint (my own Legacy with 1.5" or pull included).

If you want to be a super badass and are willing to do paint work, you ought to think about "flipping" your fenders - the inner lip is pushed down and outward and rolled/hammered flat to create an extension which is trimmed and painted to match. That's how the VIP cars achieve the all metal bubble flare look.

Back
Top Bottom