Which Clutch For an Sr?

BiG MiKE

Driver
So my Spec Clutch (Stage 2) Is finally takin a shiieet... Just wondering what clutches you guys are happy with.. good response, feel, and overall driveability... any thoughts, suggestions, or comments would be greatly appreciated..

:D

Specs: Red Top SR20DET, Jim Wolf S3 Cams (260's), Greddy Pulleys, Megan Manifold, Megan Elbow, 3" DP + 3" Exhaust str8 back.. Nunook's ECU Re-tune ((sickness)), Boost controller @ about 10ish PSI, SAFC II... im guessin no more than 260-280rwhp

Aerok180 said:
OS Ginken FTW!!!!!!!!! :bigthumbu
specs? clutch feel? hp/trq rating? hows it for daily?

kleen555 said:
Love Mine!
Are you using it on an SR? HP? Are you using a Lightweight Flywheel? Holds up on clutch kicks and hard shifting?

Tonymac said:
Spec 6 puck unsprung, 300zx spec (larger, bolts on with proper t.o. bearing) - awesome.
gotta gimme the specs?! more details plz sounds good

DrumFunKen said:
ACT 4 puck unsprung. 1 year and half old and still doesnt slip.
4 Puck isnt too harsh for daily?

thnx for all the input guys! :D

Its just the Spec 6 puck (unsprung) for a 300zx. Use the T.O. bearing for a SR tranny though.

BiG MiKE said:
4 Puck isnt too harsh for daily?

thnx for all the input guys! :D

Get some Solid motor mounts in your car and a unsprung 4 puck and you'll be in I'm not a pussy Status!!!

Are you using it on an SR? HP? Are you using a Lightweight Flywheel? Holds up on clutch kicks and hard shifting?
Yes SR. As far as hp it is not an issue as I blew out #3 rings (120psi compression). Stock flywheel. When I rebuild I should be right at 350whp before I run out of injector. I don't anticipate any problems at that power level but I will let you know if I do...

Tonymac said:
Its just the Spec 6 puck (unsprung) for a 300zx. Use the T.O. bearing for a SR tranny though.
So this will bolt up no problems? customization?

DrumFunKen said:
Get some Solid motor mounts in your car and a unsprung 4 puck and you'll be in I'm not a pussy Status!!!
Got the Nismo mounts in already :D pussy status went out the window with the old KA24E and OpEN DiFF

kleen555 said:
Yes SR. As far as hp it is not an issue as I blew out #3 rings (120psi compression). Stock flywheel. When I rebuild I should be right at 350whp before I run out of injector. I don't anticipate any problems at that power level but I will let you know if I do...
Cool.. Im hoping to be around the same HP range as u so im looking for a clutch that can take a bit of a beating :D

DrumFunKen said:
now thats a shake n bake machine :laugh:

buy a 6 puck sprung act n call it a day...act hands down on affordablility and reliability

Back
Top Bottom