Where to start?

Panchox

Hey guys.
Ive finaly got my self an s13 ca18det 200sx european version.
Im pretty stuck with not knowing where to start modify the car for drifting.

I was thinking about doin it this way:

1. install my k-sports coils.
2. install an Kaaz 2way.
3. install rollcage.
4. uppgrade bushings.

And then start with upprating the enginecooling likek a new rad, a oilcooler, electric fans. mabey some braided hoses.

and after that mabey go back to changing suspension parts.

some questions thou, how much improvement does strutbracing give?

Thanks

Robin

Last edited:
ksports=???? they make several different products.......
roll cage.....that is the last thing to put into the car....too much weight not enough power

biggest thing to start with is suspension...so a good set of coilovers, maybe even some sway bars. next, depending on your diff. you should deff put that kaaz 2 way in......it will make a world of differrence

cooling would be a good thing to look at sooner rather than later

strut bracing will just add to the stiffness of the frame.........which is a good thing

just work to keep the car solid and reliable.......

(this is the way id look at it)

Last edited:
no...

coils 2way (or welded) cage done

other misc shit in there f course

dont worry too mutch aout power

Last edited:
A cage makes a vast difference on chassis bracing and stiffness. By far one of the most notable enhancements after that's added. Coilovers, diff, and get that cage in. Then go from there. If you beat on it repeatedly then cooling, then start on the motor adding upgrade after upgrade. If you aren't fimiliar with higher power levels, you might want to step up the performance levels gradually than all at once (assuming you have the luxury to do so) A lot of guys have been caught out going from stock levels to 280-300 and it being a different animal than what they had and getting themselves into trouble.

Okey thanks.

Yeah the k-sports i typed is my coilovers, the springrate is 8.5kg front and 8.3kg rear.

As it looks now The car will be handed in next week for cage install, since its an really nice chassibracing.

And im thinking about ordering the RS*R D1 bushing kit for the car. Its an 200sx s13 with ca18 det with about 230-250 hp atm.

Yeah its prolly better to make the car realible and starting of with okey power, I mean if i remove the rear seat and some excess weight, hehe the pre owner removed the airconditioner :p

At the begining i owned an lexus is200 with little power but i can say that little power + driver teqnique can make the car drift. not as smokish and wideish. thou this s13 is alot lighter and with alot more power so i think it will do.
And later on as u say, poweruppgrades.

Btw im from sweden and the drifting scene here is still growing "not as big as urs thou" but im a really big fan of the US scene, the cars and drivers are alot more awesome..
Ive seen some cars on the S3mag and im totaly sold to the kind of styling u guys put on your cars, they look so streetish :):)

Its seems more like ppl is like... i drift what i have, and build it while goin instead of putting an car into an garage for 3-4 years and crash it into an tyrewall the day it comes out on track.

Back
Top Bottom