When YOLO goes wrong

Captain Ben

Hypermiler
Staff member
original.png

Just after 1:30 a.m. Sunday, five men were killed in a brutal crash in Ontario, Cal. The local ABC affiliate noted that a 2005 Nissan Sentra ran a red light, "lost control and hit a wall along the west side of Haven Avenue, coming to rest in the rear yard of a house."

Four victims were declared dead at the scene. When you look at that picture atop this post, it's remarkable that they were even able to take the fifth to a nearby hospital in a failed life-saving effort.

There are multi-fatality car crashes often, so why has this one garnered international attention in the days since? Well, I can only tell you why I posted about it on my site Sunday afternoon.

One of the passengers was a 21-year-old man by the name of Ervin McKinness. Twitter chatter leaned toward McKinness as being a decent guy. McKinness went by @ink2flashyy on Twitter, and he was actively Tweeting as the five made their way home from a party in a nearby town.

But then, for obvious reasons, the Tweets stopped.

McKinness' third-to-last Tweet read, "Drunk af going 120 drifting corners #FuckIt YOLO."

Driving tweeting sipping the cup fuck yolo I'm turning it up

— 2.7.5 Inkyy(@ink2flashyy) September 2, 2012​

Then, after typing, "Driving tweeting sipping the cup fuck yolo I'm turning it up," his life ended in a spectacularly violent crash. So, yes, this has become proof positive that Y do, in fact, OLO. (Initially, word was that Ink2Flashyy was actually driving/drifting/drinking while typing. He wasn't.) Shame, too, because as one of driver Jonathan Watson's friends (Maranda Purpura) Tweeted to me last night, "though he made a terrible choice, it doesnt make him a bad person. He was an amazing person."

This has got to be a tough one for survivors to deal with. Wish them the best.

Source: http://jalopnik.com/5940584/and-the...re-he-and-four-friends-died-in-a-brutal-wreck

Last edited:
Lol they were all such upstanding citizens:laugh: the reality is You Only Die Once! I feel for the parents. But there friends are just as stupid as they were. I bet if they made it home that night their friends would have thought they were bad asses and told them how crazy awesome they were. As far as I'm concerned those that are saying YOLO just to be ignorant should end up like this. Let them kill themselves :chair: I'm so done with the whole "I'm a bad ass" mentality teens and young adults have now. Maybe that's to harsh but it how I feel. No parent should have to bury their kids.

Lol they were all such upstanding citizens:laugh: the reality is You Only Die Once! I feel for the parents. But there friends are just as stupid as they were. I bet if they made it home that night their friends would have thought they were bad asses and told them how crazy awesome they were. As far as I'm concerned those that are saying YOLO just to be ignorant should end up like this. Let them kill themselves :chair: I'm so done with the whole "I'm a bad ass" mentality teens and young adults have now. Maybe that's to harsh but it how I feel. No parent should have to bury their kids.

agreed!

Its because of bad parenting. Maury has a very good future ahead of him with all the 13 year old bad asses .

Back
Top Bottom