wheel wobble help

mr.chaka

Spectator
i recently lowered my car little bit more and it was driving perfectly fine before hand. i lowered it off the jack and tried to drive it and the rear wheel or wheels wobble i can see it from the mirror. its really bad. im just wondering what if could be??? all the arms are tight and the wheel is on correctly. i put the back end up and put it in gear and the spun straight, so its only when the car has weight on it. i cant shake the wheels either if the car is jacked up. i guessing its the wheel bearing can anyone confirm this? thanks

If it was a bad bearing you should be able to shake the wheel. Positive nothing is binding once it has weight on the corner?

If the bearing is bad enough you can see it wobble you should easily be able to move it in the air.
Make sure the four bolts that hold the hub to the spindle are tight

If it was a bad bearing you should be able to shake the wheel. Positive nothing is binding once it has weight on the corner?
the car is stupid low with a ton of camber so maybe i just dont know what.
If the bearing is bad enough you can see it wobble you should easily be able to move it in the air.
Make sure the four bolts that hold the hub to the spindle are tight

yeah ill try to shake it in the air again nd ill check those bolts

is there anything ele that i could be

it could possibly be a bad cv joint in one of your half shafts/axels.. mine is starting to go bad cuz the boot broke so thats what im thinking... or a diff problem... you have a 240 right?

my car does the same thing, its the hub, its funny bc the wheel wobbles wen I go like 60mph but if the car is on a jack or something I cant move it like u normal would to check if a bearing is bad, does ur car like howl/groan while driving? like on the inside?

I would check the axel your car is so low I'm sure it's putting some stress on it when it has weight on it raise it back up a little and see if it helps something may be binding

Things to check:
Hub
Axle
Bent rim (Recently happened to my SC, it would start shaking like crazy past 60MPH on the highway)
Tires very out of balance

living4surf makes a good point, bc ur ca is so low all the suspension geometry is like at its limit, and could be binding cuasing a vibration or whatever ur feeling, get drop knuckles to level everything out

okay so its not the wheel bearing and i changed the ball joints and its sill so bad. i cant go over 5 miles an hour without it feeling like the cars going to fall apart. the axels are fine and not binding up i saw looking at them while driving. i raised the car and the wheel moved up and down and the only spot that has play is where the camber arm joint meets the subframe. could that play cause this shit?

Back
Top Bottom