wheel bearing stuck???

yesterday i got my new wheel bearing for my s14 4 lug. i took off the hub with the bearing but half of the bearing decided to stay stuck to the knuckle so i took it off and took both the hub and the knuckle to a machine shop. the guy had no prob taking off the piece stuck to the knuckle but said that no matter what he did he couldnt take out the wheel bearing of the hub?

should i take it to another machine shop? im in south miami in bird road. or does anyone have a 4 lug hub that their willing to sell to me, or know where i can get one? i kinda need it today lmk thanks every1

Yeah sometimes they get almost welded onto the other piece, but it only happens if you've been driving with a bad bearing for a long time. It happened one time on my integra i had to buy another spindle with hub from the junkyard.

gaehrings14 said:
Yeah sometimes they get almost welded onto the other piece, but it only happens if you've been driving with a bad bearing for a long time. It happened one time on my integra i had to buy another spindle with hub from the junkyard.

if you cant get it out with a press ^ probably happened.

does the spindle have to be a smooth serface? mine is pretty brown and nasty lookin how much you willing to let me have it for?

yea i'm getting the hub and bearing from the dealer, the bearing they gave me at advance auto parts was for a s13 but w/e i got my money back

Last edited:
homeskillet305 said:
does the spindle have to be a smooth serface? mine is pretty brown and nasty lookin how much you willing to let me have it for?

Yes it is suppose to be smooth. Lack of grease & excessive heat(from bad bearing) cause them to discolor and rust.

Which side do you need?

Back
Top Bottom