what should i do

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP Dynamics

Spectator
yea i have a 90 240 hatchi and should I do a KA on boost or a SR??..? i heard that the KA on boost runs good and is reliable.. is that true????

FAT BASTARD said:
yea i have a 90 240 hatchi and should I do a KA on boost or a SR??..? i heard that the KA on boost runs good and is reliable.. is that true????

First a 240sx is not a "Hatchi". A Hatchi is actually teh number eight. SO you SHOULD stop that.

Back to the point: Are you boosting a SOHC Ka or DOHC KA? What is you budget? Power goals? The purpose of the car(drag, daily, Drift)?

The KA on boost CAN be reliable if tuned correctly. Just ask Slick Ricky!

KA-T's aren't cheap to build. If you have the money to do so then go ahead, they are reliable (as Z4k said) if tuned correctly. If you dont got the money want want quick boost then get an SR. As im sure you know it drops right into the engine bay.

what a sr28qett?? where can i find it.. i think my friend is going to get that motor.. i think he found it in europe but i dunno.. can you find one for me?? i have about 15k to spend on the car... sry about the hatchi thing

just...get coilovers....and....stuff....and a razor....youll know why later......

FAT BASTARD said:
what a sr28qett?? where can i find it.. i think my friend is going to get that motor.. i think he found it in europe but i dunno.. can you find one for me?? i have about 15k to spend on the car... sry about the hatchi thing

another master rex on our hands?

No I think he was joking just think if he has 15k 2 burn reliability is not an issue. If he was serious then he should get a SR20DET. He has enough money to stroke the sh!t out of the the SR, then again i'm a KA fan so it dosen't matter what I think hahahaha.

15K would build the nicest drift car in sfl if the money is spent wisely. and in one second on a gay oval it will be gone. well the shell and some rims. maybe some suspension. 15K get an SR20 bolt ons. front mount. exhaust, rims, tires, coilovers(drift spec) the rest of the amazing amount of s13 suspension gadgets. and a mean *** 2 way(3 or 4 way is you are a level 3 drift mage like the secret drift team) and if there is anything left in the bank save it. don't get a jdm front end...no none drift mods. and damn you will own everybody.......as soon as dan drifts your car....then jorge a few times.....then Eric.....**** maybe even me. i think thats the whole drift who-re instrutor team.

Kenrik said:
Rick hates his KA-T now.. lol he's probably not the person to ask about the subject.

please dont put words in my mouth.

his comments are irrelivant and inaccurate.

i think there is a lot of information in that ka-t vs sr thread that alibaba posted. Read that, look at the pros and cons of each motor. I do like my car alot, i am not going to pursuade anyone to turbo their ka because of the pain in the *** with all the little nit pick stuff making it reliable \ complete. (not that sr swaps are a walk in the park, they arent redicilous but its still changing and motor and running a fmic and other wiring.) If you are asking what you should do, then get a sr and do bolt ons. It comes with a ecu tuned for turbo from the factory unlike the factory ka ecu. There are so many flaws in tuning a na ecu with a piggyback. So many changing condidtions.

just get a notchtop and be done. :)

imo spending 15K on any drift car is stupid (unless you are a pro and have sponcerships). If it's you're first, you're just going to crash it into a wall. Hell, with ~150 hp i've hit a crap load of curbs, signs, trees, etc. You dont need alot of power to drift and should do some simple bolt ons, suspension work, and a lsd. Then after you can drift with low power go turbo. If your goal is to have a 400 hp street car car then dont drift it. All your work can be wasted in seconds. (Unless you can keep the car within it's limits).

You should spend 3k of it on suspension, lsd, and bolt ons and then use the other 12k to buy another car for when your 240 is getting fixed.

Agreed, get all suspension,lsd, intake header exhaust and your set theres no real need for it while your learning, now after awhile you get tired of having not ALOT of power, this should be after you fully encountered the full potential of your car....IMO you can drift any turn without spining out, haivng FULL contorl of your car. its alot easier to learn how to drift in a low hp car, then you upgrade as you go long.

or slap ur self with a spoon none stop in the ear and they shout out i love dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom