What now?

BiG MiKE

Driver
Yesterday afternoon on my way to school, driving in the downtown Ft. Laud parking garage some kid not paying attention or texting plows into my E30 and pretty much destroys the front driver corner of my car. I called the police and filed a report and he called his insurance on site and filed a claim.

Im worried that his insurance company (State Farm) is going to consider my car a total loss given its age/condition/etc... What can I do? What are my options?

IMG00040-20101110-1735.jpg

IMG00039-20101110-1735.jpg

IMG00038-20101110-1735.jpg

IMG00036-20101109-1801.jpg

IMG00037-20101109-1839.jpg

IMG00035-20101109-1800.jpg

PS Dont text and drive in a busy crowded parking garage :chair: or anywhere while driving

Last edited:
Karma is a bitch fuck *****

lol

On a side note, his insurance should pay out a decent amount of money (enough to get you another shell and extra goodies). Just swap shit over and call it a day and you got some extra flow. My friend got 3700 for his s13 because some old dude plowed into him.

lol

On a side note, his insurance should pay out a decent amount of money (enough to get you another shell and extra goodies). Just swap shit over and call it a day and you got some extra flow. My friend got 3700 for his s13 because some old dude plowed into him.

Dont they go by KBB or someshit? My car on KBB is valued @ like 1600 if that

They let your friend keep the car even after they totaled it?

i just had a friend with an sr s14 get hit from the side damaging his rear quarter panel, which automatically classifies it as totalled even tho it was only pushed in about 3 inches in a foot by foot area.

when the auto insurance claim went through all he had to do was pick up his check and he had the option to pick up his car from the tow yard and pay the storage fee (he did it the same day so it was only like $40, he didnt pay for tow, just storage), or he had the option to leave his car there and it would have gone to the insurance company and off to auction.

he got his check and his car for $40 and just bought a shell and swapped the motor out

edit: he also threw some over fenders on the rear and put wide tires on 17X10 rims and sold the rolling chassis with a rebuilt title.

When they hit my s14 from behind no homo, they gave it a total loss. For a pussy little hit. Then I sent in my reciepts from the sr20 and the ejuku parts order and they decided it was worth more and cut me a 3500 check to fix it. And they kept it clean title. I fixed it myself and pocketed the cash and bought goodies lol

The biggest thing is having reciepts, or a licensed mechanic that can vouch for your modifications. I had a 2000 civic with a gsr swap that got totaled. The wanted to give me $1200 for it so I called my mechanic. He called the insurance company, stated he did the modifications, gave them a price on how much it costs, and insurance gave me a $6000 check =)

Dunno man. Tell your adjuster you don't want your car totalled. I made a scene when they wanted to total my car.

Thing is... I have a stock asss E30. The only "mods" are the Euro Ellipsoid headlights and HID's

If you're friends with a licensed mechanic, have them bullshit it =) say its like an ls1 swapped e30 lol. My mechanic said I had it boosted and a ton of stuff when really it was a stock gsr motor and a stock body. Just say the suspension stuff is worth like 6000 and have a mechanic say that it is and that he installed it

if you're friends with a licensed mechanic, have them bullshit it =) say its like an ls1 swapped e30 lol. My mechanic said i had it boosted and a ton of stuff when really it was a stock gsr motor and a stock body. Just say the suspension stuff is worth like 6000 and have a mechanic say that it is and that he installed it

^^^1++

a lot of insurance companies arent gonna cover aftermarket parts, it might help, but they onyl sure way, and then its not for sure is to have an agreed upon value policy

a lot of insurance companies arent gonna cover aftermarket parts, it might help, but they onyl sure way, and then its not for sure is to have an agreed upon value policy

I guess I got lucky and my insurance company covered it lol

Dont they go by KBB or someshit? My car on KBB is valued @ like 1600 if that

They let your friend keep the car even after they totaled it?

no but they said that he could buy it back for like 500 but instead he told them to let him hold it for a bit and then he raped it taking all his shit out.

Back
Top Bottom