what do u think

KeysSr

Driver
i have a 1997 240 when im driving and i give it a little gas is sputers and shlt i give it a little more and it clears out and runs better. and when i run the piss out of it then drive normal again it runs fine,
i think its the fule pump of filter
ps it wast a lot of fuel

Last edited:
i dont think its the fuel pump. it might be your coolant sensor reading too cold making it run a little too rich. what makes me think that is when you beat the piss out of it, your heating it up so it leans out. if theres a way to check if your coolant sensor is still good then i'd highly recommend you do that.

wow seriously, the first thing you should of done from the beginning is to hook up an obd2 scan tool. Find out what codes were set and look at the freeze frame data.

i dont think its the fuel pump. it might be your coolant sensor reading too cold making it run a little too rich. what makes me think that is when you beat the piss out of it, your heating it up so it leans out. if theres a way to check if your coolant sensor is still good then i'd highly recommend you do that.

yeah coolant temp sensor does the complete opposite of what you just said hot=rich mixture cold=lean

Miguel kinda taking a guess on this one but maybe injectors kinda pooping out dumping to much fuel fowling out the plugs but when you rag on it it cleans them!? sounded like a good guess in my head lol

Last edited:
one more suggestion, clean your maf sensor with electrical connector cleaner. a dirty maf will make a car run richer. if not at least it will help save gas.

Back
Top Bottom