What diff are you guys using ??

CarloSR

Driver
Hi guys,
I'm think my diff is shot, and been reading too much about soldering the diff. So what you guys are using ?
My car isn't a daily driver, but I use it from time to time.... what you guys recommend.

Tx.

WELD u mean, not solder, thts something i would try, im rocking the open diff.

I ran the S15 Helical on my last car and it was pretty sweet. All the locking of a Clutch type with none of the noise. I rode in Dans car briefly with the Z32 NA Diff and it felt nice. I cant say on way or another about welding it. Ill be putting one in soon. I only ever drifted a Welding diff 240 with blown stock struts and spring and a nose heavy 1J and it slide but Ill try on this car and post up

Alchemist XL said:
get a 1.5 way from nismo or cusco those rock

I agree. I tested a 1.5 way on an S14 and I was amazed of how much fun that **** was.

I am using a 1 way clutch type on the bimmer and it's a hell of an improvement over an open diff. It's like night and day.

Well, 2way lsd here. It made a big difference in the 86. Makes keeping a drift easier, all I have to worry about now is keeping the rpm up high in the 86, until I move up to more advance drifting techniques. Not easy drifting an 86, as most of you know but lsd helps out a lot, I can basically turn the with the throttle(man I love the sound of a 4AG near or at redline :D ). Only problem is finding a new set of tires I can break rear traction easily with a low power car. Any ideas would be helpful from low power car drivers. Well, thats the type of diff I run.

P.S. Sorry for rambling on, I really like my 2way lsd :D

i have a J30 vlsd and its pretty nice. way better than an open diff for sure. that welded shyt would be good though if your not gonna drive on it every day and have your inside wheel scrubbing around corners, but it will be sweet while you slide.

The Redline 03 said:
Well, 2way lsd here. It made a big difference in the 86. Makes keeping a drift easier, all I have to worry about now is keeping the rpm up high in the 86, until I move up to more advance drifting techniques. Not easy drifting an 86, as most of you know but lsd helps out a lot, I can basically turn the with the throttle(man I love the sound of a 4AG near or at redline :D ). Only problem is finding a new set of tires I can break rear traction easily with a low power car. Any ideas would be helpful from low power car drivers. Well, thats the type of diff I run.

P.S. Sorry for rambling on, I really like my 2way lsd :D

MICH MXV2 tires.... no matter what size you get its like driving on ice, They have no grip at all not MXv4's but the MXV2's they are hard to find cause they discontinued them because they were a safty hazard

Alchemist XL said:
get a 1.5 way from nismo or cusco those rock
Have always heard that the KAAZ 2 way was the best. Still $900 it's too much, hell that's the value of my S13 :D

ONE80ESSEX said:
WELDED!!!!

More info please ??!! more feedback ??!!
Have you driven a 2 way after you welded it ? what about the trips to the store and to have a oil change ?

Thanks to all,

Carlos.

CarloSR said:
Have always heard that the KAAZ 2 way was the best. Still $900 it's too much, hell that's the value of my S13 :D

More info please ??!! more feedback ??!!
Have you driven a 2 way after you welded it ? what about the trips to the store and to have a oil change ?

Thanks to all,

Carlos.

I daily drive a welded diff and it takes some to get used to, but when ur drifting people say with regular LSDs it gets out more easily, i dont kno cuz i never drifted a car with LSD enough decide which is better, but for daily driving i would go with a LSD cuz it does get annoying b/c when u go to like a gas station or like a publix parking lot ppl stare at you like your going 50 mph when your going 5 b/c of all the tire skeet but it doesnt bother me, and what do u mean about an oil change?

i think he means he doesnt do it him self and takes it to a stiffy lube to have it done like a pussy

I have a helical s15 diff and like z4k said, it's the best of both worlds. The problem w/ the helical that I've noticed is that, the faster my drifts get, the harder it is for the LSD to hook up. Same complaint with using stickier tires. So unless you plan on using sticky tires, I wouldn't worry about it until you're ready for a clutch type which is the best, without a doubt. 2-way if you're drifting. If you street drive the car, Tomei will be the quietest clutch type and least noticable. If you're only drifting, get an ATS diff or if you're baller get the real Nismo diff.

Piner said:
i think he means he doesnt do it him self and takes it to a stiffy lube to have it done like a pussy

I do it myself, the only problem is that I have to move the car trough the city... my car is not registered ;)

Thanks guys,

Piner said:
yeah sorry about that i can be an asshole at times
No problem
bigok.gif

Uras of the East said:
i know where you could get VLSD for 250.
Shipped to Dominican Republic
1cool.gif
?

WELDED FOR LIFE, 65 bucks at Mad Creations in Pompano, its everything you want and nothing like what youve heard.

ps. the skeet skeet is hot, people run for their lives cause they think ur going like fast

WELDED WELDED WELDED

i drove up to ocala with BALD tires in the rain going like 50-65 and im still alive

Last edited:
Ayes said:
WELDED FOR LIFE, 65 bucks at Mad Creations in Pompano, its everything you want and nothing like what youve heard.

ps. the skeet skeet is hot, people run for their lives cause they think ur going like fast

WELDED WELDED WELDED

i drove up to ocala with BALD tires in the rain going like 50-65 and im still alive

Whats the number to that place. I got a diff ready!

Yea me as well i'm just going to go with the welded diff until I get kaaz or nismo kinda money. But on my old car I had an S13 diff and I had no problems with breaking loose on fast drifts or slow. welded , j30 , or 300zx is prolly the cheapest and most beginer friendly to go with .

Back
Top Bottom