Welding my diff.? help?!

jdm91

Spectator
I'm running open diff. right now and i'm tired of it. 1 TIRE FIRE = FTL!!! So I've been looking into different options, and I've read that a welded diff. isn't that bad and it's affordable at low cost. (I'm pretty broke now :() lol So I'm considering welding my differential, but then I've also read that it's not a very good idea for a DD, and that's exactly what my S13 is. So I was just wondering if I could get a few pointers/tips from you guys. I'd greatly appreciate it! [and yes, I have searched here on the forums, but I'd like some advice] Any advice from you guys would really help! :D Thanks in advance

BTW, If i were to weld my diff., who would be able to do it for me at a nice, affordable price ?:bigthumbu Someone in the Miami area :)

Not to be a dick, If you really searched, you wouldnt be asking. and any "regular" to the tech department can back me up.

Not to be a dick, If you really searched, you wouldnt be asking. and any "regular" to the tech department can back me up.

I have searched, trust me. I was just still very unsure If it would be a good idea for a DD. i kept on reading all these things about it being a possible danger in the rain, but I don't understand why?... I mean if you're not eating sh*t then it shouldn't be a worry right? Anyways sorry If it's annoying seeing so many threads on this topic, and yea there is a lot, but I was just asking for some friendly advice so that I can decide on whether or not I should do it.

My Advice: Do it. End of story. Welded is great, anyone who says it sucks for a DD is a pussy *period*.

ive herd from several people that have had experience from a welded diff. and its not so good specially on a welded diff wen its raning on a highway. so wat would I do.. i would go w a good j30 5 bolt or 6 bolt. its not that expensive aka 100-200 MAX!!! and u wont have those problems and it would lock nice. think about ur safety first.

^^ As long as your alignment is in check, your car will drive just fine in rain or dry. My car was wacked out alignment and toe out in front from tie rod spacers and in the rain the car was extremley unsafe. The car would fly into other lanes out of nowhere. Then I got an alignment and you don't even know its welded. And thats the truth comming from someone who drove on it like that for many months. I'm assuming anyone who is saying it's unsafe, didn't have a proper alignment. It's fine, just do it.

SEE! That's the kind of feedback I was looking for! lol THANKS for everyone's input! :bigthumbu Alright, now that I AM highly considering welding my diff., who in the miami area is really good and can do it for me at a good price? I've seen ppl here offering on the posts for around $25-35? And who is estie? I've also read he's really good and a lot of people seem to trust him. LMK who would be so kind to weld it for me

Mine has been welded for a long time now and I don't use it much on the street but once again agree with flyinn. My car would wonder all over the road before alignment and very unpredictable drifting now have all my settings within spec and drives beautiful.

People that say how it is dangerous in the rain are dangerous drivers. My welded has 230hp backing it up and not once have I spun out uncontrollably in the rain. If its wet remember you have a locking rear-end.

^^ As long as your alignment is in check, your car will drive just fine in rain or dry. My car was wacked out alignment and toe out in front from tie rod spacers and in the rain the car was extremley unsafe. The car would fly into other lanes out of nowhere. Then I got an alignment and you don't even know its welded. And thats the truth comming from someone who drove on it like that for many months. I'm assuming anyone who is saying it's unsafe, didn't have a proper alignment. It's fine, just do it.

yeah i had the same problem until i got my alignment done and got my coilovers at the right hight.

WELDED FTW!!!.... :( i can't talk tho im vlsd. lol just cause its stock in my car and it dosnt blow up. I had 230k on my diff and it still kicked hard!

Mine has been welded for a long time now and I don't use it much on the street but once again agree with flyinn. My car would wonder all over the road before alignment and very unpredictable drifting now have all my settings within spec and drives beautiful.

People that say how it is dangerous in the rain are dangerous drivers. My welded has 230hp backing it up and not once have I spun out uncontrollably in the rain. If its wet remember you have a locking rear-end.

I PUT ABOUT 500WHP DOWN ON MY WELDED NO PROBLEMS

if you need it welded talk to estie slidewaysforfivedays. hese up in ft lauderdale but its worth the drive.

Back
Top Bottom