Welded the Diff in my pickup, video inside.

So I've been bored not having anything to slide in, and the 95 dodge ram I've been driving around sucked with an open diff so I welded it up a couple weeks ago. I've been getting better angle than this but couldn't carry as much speed as I wanted due to people driving incredibly slow in front of me. The tires are finally getting bald so I can predictably steer the ass with the throttle which is nice. I need to find a better intersection where I can do a proper 40+ mph sweeper.

[yt]MOjBBOLfqVY[yt]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha nice is this in boca?

Yeah, it's the off ramp for 95 south going east on yamato. I've been dying to see what it looks like from the outside, it is pretty hilarious. I've gotten some funny looks from guys in sports cars as I slide around them. I'll get a better video over the weekend. There was more traffic than I thought there would be this morning, usually carry enough speed to get out all the way to the curb.

lol.. ur askin to get anal raped by the po po - nice slidin nonetheless

I've been lucky the last month, I slid it 2-6 or so times a day for the last month straight and have yet to do it in front of a cop. I've been good the last two years so I'm not really worried about a careless driving ticket or two. If the cop was having a good day, he saw the whole thing, and I got nice angle we'd prob just have a laugh about it. I have to find a good corner that's wider than that, and try to get out early on a Sunday or something. I just want one good shot of it getting tossed way early and sliding all the way out almost kissing the curb. The welded diff is pretty serious though, the chassis loads up so much on slow tight corners that the dashboard bangs back and forth against the inside of the cab, and on the black, top coat on a lot of parking lots down here it chrips so loud it hurts your ears. I would bring it down to countyline but I see they aren't doing the big layout like they used to? It would be great on the skid pad wet, but dry it doesn't like to do circles. The thing has 190k on it and I don't want to beat it too hard.

Back
Top Bottom