Weird Idle SR20

SlickSlidin

Spectator
Alrighty guys, 91 Redtop.
Car turns over fine, drops to 400 and then returns to my normal of 1000.
After driving for a bit, if I take it out of gear while driving (fast or slow)
the needle will keep dipping and the car will die unless I feather the throttle.
Then, for example, I'll drive again and the problem will dissappear. But it seems to come back after a bit of driving.

NOTE: We had a major rain a couple of days ago, something may have gotten wet, since the car sits so low I had to drive through what seemed like a lake to get to my driveway; nothing over 6 inches though.
I feel like the problem is the MAF, I don't have a gauge but I can tell you the car runs a little rich. Maybe TPS? IACV?

Any other suggestions?
Thanks guys

A boost exhaust leak, yes. I'm missing a turbo inlet bolt and gasket. But that's being taken care of Monday. As far as a vacuum leak, I'm not sure, I haven't checked. It's strange though how the idle sometimes acts right, but sometimes doesn't.

A boost exhaust leak, yes. I'm missing a turbo inlet bolt and gasket. But that's being taken care of Monday. As far as a vacuum leak, I'm not sure, I haven't checked. It's strange though how the idle sometimes acts right, but sometimes doesn't.

uh... end thread.

uh... end thread.

Okay, however; I've been missing that bolt for two weeks.
The bad idling has just started yesterday. So, instead of ending anything, please help me try and figure out why this is just now happening, and why it's intermittent.

This whole deal may be 'technically' way over my head, i'm jsut trying to figure it out that's all.

bumpity..

also halp?

Last edited:
Okay, took apart intake, cleaned throttle body and maf.
Runs better than ever, no idle issue whatsoever. Also tightened up vac. lines.

thanks Tonymac

mods please close

Back
Top Bottom