Weird!!Car gets richer after 15mins of driving...

Fairlady280z

Spectator
Ok car is a 95 KA-T with OBD1 conv and Z32 MAF (no filter) with Enthalpy tune, when i go into boost my wideband reads 10 flat (the lowest the gauge will read) and the car falls flat on its face, at the same time my cruising AFRs are pretty high like 15s and even 16s. I figured it must have been a boost leak, so i redid my FMIC pipes TWICE with new hoses and clamps, i go for a spin right afterwards and the car runs awesome at first, i see mid to high 11s in boost and car pulls hard (still lean cruise AFRs tho) but after say 10 or 15s mins of driving (i went to put gas in the car) i go into boost again on my way home and the shit just goes to flat 10 again and doesnt pull hard at all :confused: then the next morning on my way to work its doing low 11s again...as i get closer to work it did 10s again and i didnt even touch anything since last night! Could i still have a boost leak? or is it something else? Primary 02 sensor? MAF connection, MAF wire dirty? Someone help me out this shit is making suicidal:mad:

maybe coolent temp sensor is out of wack check it. was the tune good before or did this happen suddenly?

honestly i cant say, as i used to have the wideband gauge out of the way i would only occasionally glance at it, now its in my view and i see it all the time and ive noticed this. my temps are always fine like when i was N/A and i dont think they would affect the AFRs? Im gonna get a new 02 from advance today see if that would do anything

yes but i dont mean you coolent temp gauge i'm talking about the sensor for the ecu. it's right next to where the sensor where the gauge is, it has a red connector. the ecu will add enrichments to the map if it thinks the motor is cold or too hot.

yes but i dont mean you coolent temp gauge i'm talking about the sensor for the ecu. it's right next to where the sensor where the gauge is, it has a red connector. the ecu will add enrichments to the map if it thinks the motor is cold or too hot.

oh chet! where is it exactly? im gonna check it out, you may be onto something dude

yea they do i think their 15 bucks. if thats not the problem then i'd guess the tune is rich just get a safc and pull some gas at the high end. the o2 wont change your wide open throtte mixture the ecu uses it to trim light crusie and stuff.

yea they do i think their 15 bucks. if thats not the problem then i'd guess the tune is rich just get a safc and pull some gas at the high end. the o2 wont change your wide open throtte mixture the ecu uses it to trim light crusie and stuff.

yea thats what one guy told me that it doesnt do anything at WOT. I changed the 02 anyway didnt do shit, but i did a boost leak test later and i have one at a coupler and a tiny tiny one at the hose that goes to the vacuum at the top of the TB. i think im gonna just get my piping welded up.

Back
Top Bottom