Weak tach signal

O-zone

Spectator
wats up guys. so i just swapped an s14 sr into my car but for some reason i cant get the tach to read properly. there's signal going to it but its inaccurate. when i rev to what should be 2k it reads about 800-1k and continues to drop lower. I've checked for loose grounds on my lower harness and under my dash near the cluster and haven't found anything. the tach was working properly before the swap so I'm kind of at a loss here. i even swapped my ecu with another of the same code and still nothing. if anyone can chime in and point me in the right direction it would most appreciated.

worst comes to worse, go to autozone and pick up a sunpro tach for 20 bucks. then just mount it right in front of your stock tach.

worst comes to worse, go to autozone and pick up a sunpro tach for 20 bucks. then just mount it right in front of your stock tach.

im trying to avoid that at all costs. i mean the harness is brand new and the signal is there, im completely stumped as to why it is not accurate... could my CAS be bad?? i believe i heard that the ecu signal that comes from it is related?

Back
Top Bottom