We need CFRC- CFRC needs us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so $150 and bring your own car or $2000 ish to rent a car (no one will pay $2k for a stock 240 rental so now need to pay for the SR swap/coilovers/tires etc)

$150 is still cheaper than a TRACK DAY for road courses, and we used to sell out events at $100 a spot in 30 minutes back with Ter-Tech days.

$150 with a pro-qualified driver is crazy cheap.

I did not know, yeah now that you explained it to me I fully get that its awesome cheap! I dont drift the Z because it is my daily, so that's why I was confused on if they provide a rental vehicle or not. Thanks for clearing it up, for me at least.

I did not know, yeah now that you explained it to me I fully get that its awesome cheap! I dont drift the Z because it is my daily, so that's why I was confused on if they provide a rental vehicle or not. Thanks for clearing it up, for me at least.

ok well, it would probably be cheaper than $2k but really, drifting we break a lot of stuff and lots of time its random. i just broke axle bolts this past weekend mid run- doing nothing wrong and had to fix my car before driving again. even if rental was only $500, what if someone else it happens to blow the motor/break a tie rod.... you wont get to drive. it makes the most sense to have your own vehicle to keep the cost low and then if any issue, its on you- not another driver. it would be awesome to have a fleet of cars ready for it though.

what you are looking for is more along the lines of a drift experience. where you want to drift but dont want to personally build/afford a car for it. which is understandable, but cfrc clinic is designed to improve drivers who want to make it a long term hobby and consequently have the disease of AlwaysGonnaBeBrokeItis.

If I may chime in....

A lot of you make interesting, and valid points regarding the track that I've been employed by for the last four years, for the time that I've invest in CFRC, I've received a ton of experience in the racetrack business and have to say that I've never seen such an interesting dynamic of a motorsport that drifting showcases; I thoroughly enjoy the sport and find that it holds a special place in the world of motorsports, but purely running a business off of selling one product is nearly impossible. If you drift, autocross, or even just hang out at CFRC at an event, then please donate, but otherwise, don't worry about it, save yourself the money, but just don't say that you wish you could have this premier venue for our sport back after it's gone without doing anything about it.

Donate to a company that will continue to evolve, while holding some the state's best events, and a company who caters to our odd sport that we call drifting.

i think the car show idea is great.

i will try 110% to drift at the frankinslide event.
if i'm able to take my car i will be taking a minimum of 6 spectators maybe more.
that's the best i can do to help save the track. :driving:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom