We need CFRC- CFRC needs us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wowwwww.

Just fyi I don't work for or repreaent cfrc. They are 2 hours from me.

And btw, drivers that say its too hard and then don't want help..... that's where your snob name calling belongs.

I LITERALLY just spent 20mins talking with 3 random dudes who rolled up on me in georgia at a Zaxbys in their rb 240.

Have any real ideas? Good lets get them. Have some personal issue, stfu and pm me or gtfo.

I think the car show idea is a good one, That always seems to generate a decent amount of interest if the word gets out there.

I wish I had more money to give to make sure the place stays open.

Wowwwww.

Just fyi I don't work for or repreaent cfrc. They are 2 hours from me.

And btw, drivers that say its too hard and then don't want help..... that's where your snob name calling belongs.

I LITERALLY just spent 20mins talking with 3 random dudes who rolled up on me in georgia at a Zaxbys in their rb 240.

Have any real ideas? Good lets get them. Have some personal issue, stfu and pm me or gtfo.

If you have nothing involved with CFRC why not just stay out of their problems and let them figure it out.

I'm aloud to have my opinion and so are you.
So don't get angry just because I oppose your opinion. You started with the personal stuff and making things out to be something other then what was meant. I have no problem saying my opinion and I'll say to your face too. So if you have a problem with that let me know.

The real idea would be to work with local government become friends with the people in office and get drivers to intend the city meetings. Push to reopen the drag strip, show them why it should be open. The only reason countyline still has a drag strip is because the commissioner likes the drag strip and sees why it's important. Also without the drag strip there would be no drifting at countyline. There is a residential development very close to countyline that complains about the sound all the time. But countylines staff has put up a good fight at city meetings and has a lot of support from local drivers and city officials.

You, Jeremy and Patrick should use your formula drift pro status to reach out to potential sponsors for funding. Which I assume you are already doing.

I really like the clinic idea and I don't understand why more of your local drivers don't take advantage of Jeremy's and Patrick's expertise.

Other then that maybe get SCCA in there and car shows like the whole stance movement thing. Maybe get local police training in there that will help CFRCs reputation with city officials.

I hope to attend a CFRC event in the future so I wish them the best of luck.

I think the car show idea is a good one, That always seems to generate a decent amount of interest if the word gets out there.

I know there are enough stance guys in Orlando, not to mention all of Florida that would show up to a well put together car show. The past shows have demonstrated how large the turnout can be.... MysteryMeat absolutely consumes down town when they put it on and the sponsorship support is unreal.

If you guys want to reach out to the showcar guys I know enough of them to at least start talks of a major show.

As far as the clinic is concerned, I'm already more than willing to attend with the talent they provide for instruction. Unfortunately I am still rebuilding my car and don't have one to attend with at the moment. I would be ALL over it if I could be there at every clinic offered. Hopefully there will still be a track to offer them when my car is completed. :)

If you have nothing involved with CFRC why not just stay out of their problems and let them figure it out.

I'm aloud to have my opinion and so are you.
So don't get angry just because I oppose your opinion. You started with the personal stuff and making things out to be something other then what was meant. I have no problem saying my opinion and I'll say to your face too. So if you have a problem with that let me know.

Hahaha wow

Box you did take what I said to whole personal level that I didn't intend. Next time double check with me before you assume.

The car show is ok, but we have a thing called tower shops in davie (10mins from my house) Where its a 3 $ show and shine full of classic cars. On average they get about 200 cars and from classic to import, every one has their own section pre 1930, pre 1950 etc and about 20 venders. Spectators are free and they get sponsors easy cause of the volume of people.

Last edited:
I have been to CFRC once last year, It was a good time. I didnt find the people snobby.. but then again Ive been called a snob by many so take that for what its worth.

Central florida does have a go hard or go home attitude imo. That drives a lot of people away, Personally I built my car to have fun with it, not to wreck into a wall for a bunch of losers in the stands. I get criticized all the time for not tandeming and yada yada yada,, I dont really give a fuck to be honest with you guys.

I like CFRC if you guys moved the track closer to me I would go more for sure. At the end of the day drifting has just gotten boring for me personally I guess thats a by product of getting older, Ill probably attend some events when the weather cools down, maybe at CFRC maybe not.

Most drifters are young and have no money and the ones that are older and do have money typically have other priorities in there life. That will always be the main problem with drifting. Period the end. You guys need to broaden your market share as posted above, that is the only way your gonna survive.

As for donations, i like the idea, but i have a strict NO donation policy regardless of the cause.

food and live music makes me want to go somewhere regardless of the event.. maybe something along those lines can help bring income and even new faces. IDK just a thought

My entire original post was about finding new market ideas besides drifting... did anyone read my entire first post. I meantion donations are nice but we need to get track sponsors or new event types in, not just automotive.

So here on page 4.... we finally agree with what I first said?

The car show is ok, but we have a thing called tower shops in davie (10mins from my house) Where its a 3 $ show and shine full of classic cars. On average they get about 200 cars and from classic to import, every one has their own section pre 1930, pre 1950 etc and about 20 venders. Spectators are free and they get sponsors easy cause of the volume of people.

So you're saying because there is a show close to you (10 minutes that is) that has a good turnout with vendors, it is NOT a good idea to attempt the same thing at CFRC?? lol

$3 a car. $100 or so per vendor. That's close to $3000 for one event. And at $3 it's still a cheap show to enter.

You're talking Davie as well. It's not like people wouldn't show up in Orlando because they go to Tower shops....

Cars. Food. Music. People and vendors will show.

Or y'all can keep going on about why you don't like each other...

Good luck.

Last edited:
So you're saying because there is a show close to you (10 minutes that is) that has a good turnout with vendors, it is NOT a good idea to attempt the same thing at CFRC?? lol

$3 a car. $100 or so per vendor. That's close to $3000 for one event. And at $3 it's still a cheap show to enter.

You're talking Davie as well. It's not like people wouldn't show up in Orlando because they go to Tower shops....

Cars. Food. Music. People and vendors will show.

Or y'all can keep going on about why you don't like each other...

Good luck.

I'm sure he meant that as a template for CRFC to use to get sponsors in the place. Sponsors want people to see their products or ads and a free spectating event gets a lot of people to your event.

I don't think he meant it the way you are interpreting.

hopefully.

Serially wtf! Are you stupid? Why the hell would I mention it if I didn't mean it to be used by cfrc. There is a difference between a car show (with trophies and crap) and a show and shine geared around classic cars.
I seriously don't know why everything I post is taken the wrong way.

Last edited:
Boxmod was once mean to me and Jeremys car is too loud. I like Pats beard. Now on to the important stuff. What would you guys in Orlando do if CFRC shuts down?

Move to Utah and get 6 wife's.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Wait a second, wives.....

That or go back to like 3rd grade.

Serially wtf! Are you stupid? Why the hell would I mention it if I didn't mean it to be used by cfrc. There is a difference between a car show (with trophies and crap) and a show and shine geared around classic cars.
I seriously don't know why everything I post is taken the wrong way.

I find your personality to be very offputting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom