We need CFRC- CFRC needs us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
donations are not the answer

Asking for donations isn't any better than Randy asking for money to finish his car. Its not the long term fix. What they need to do is get the drags back open. As boring as it is the drag strip is something anyone can do and it brings in more $ on regular basis. Drifting alone won't bring in the $ needed to support the track. If county line didn't have the drag it would have closed down a long time ago.
Not mention how many drivers have crashed at cfrc. Whether you want to admit it or not. Having to repair your car over and over takes a toll on drivers. This "go hard or go home" attitude central Florida has seems to have caught up to you.
And I don't give $ unless I know where its goin. I don't trust the owner enough to give him $.

P.S.
I love cfrc and I hope pat can pull something together that will be a long term solution.

Last edited:
I loved going up there to race!! I hope they start it up again. What is the legal status on them opening up again, I remember them fighting the city or something because they where not zoned for the drag strip.

Idk.. I felt very unwelcome a when I came for Rasta drift, nobody wanted to help me and I couldn't get a media pass cause 'it was full' and when I showed up they're was 2 media guys and 15 ppl at the event. Also I'm pretty sure I'm blocked from their Facebook page since I cannot comment/like anything.

Idk.. I felt very unwelcome a when I came for Rasta drift, nobody wanted to help me and I couldn't get a media pass cause 'it was full' and when I showed up they're was 2 media guys and 15 ppl at the event. Also I'm pretty sure I'm blocked from their Facebook page since I cannot comment/like anything.

I have always felt welcome, but I have heard stories like this from quite a few people drivers and spectators. I know you can't make everyone happy but everyone should feel welcome.

I feel like it has not been the same since the new ownership. last year i went to all but two events but this year maybe 4-5 total. Don't get me wrong i am thankful what the track has allowed drifting to do in central Florida, but something is still missing. I know its been talked about but a small figure 8 skidpad devoted to beginners would go a long way.

I feel like it has not been the same since the new ownership. last year i went to all but two events but this year maybe 4-5 total. Don't get me wrong i am thankful what the track has allowed drifting to do in central Florida, but something is still missing. I know its been talked about but a small figure 8 skidpad devoted to beginners would go a long way.

whats missing is that the same time new owner, the same time NOS ended funding. so he lost a LOT of help. you guys want us to have the run group D have a seperate layout? thats going to make you come? ill throw 2 cones out and let you do donuts and figure 8s for your time, sure.

or you can goto the clinic that does EXACTLY this WITH a pro driver teaching and guiding you. yea its a little more money but you will get more seat time that you would in 3 events and with instruction.

whats missing is that the same time new owner, the same time NOS ended funding. so he lost a LOT of help. you guys want us to have the run group D have a seperate layout? thats going to make you come? ill throw 2 cones out and let you do donuts and figure 8s for your time, sure.

or you can goto the clinic that does EXACTLY this WITH a pro driver teaching and guiding you. yea its a little more money but you will get more seat time that you would in 3 events and with instruction.

True NOS did help. But I think setting up a slow figure type course a long side would help and would make cfrc more newb friendly. The normal lay out is intimidating for new drivers. I here a lot New guys tell me they don't think they are ready for cfrc. It won't cost you anything extra for you guys to set it up, but for some reason you guys don't wanna do it. Not everyone wants to go bawls to the wall.
And let's be honest if by pro driver you mean pat or jlowe then don't hold your breath. That would only be an incentive for someone that hasn't been in Orlando long. I'm sure they're awesome instructors but everyone knows them and always sees them.
The only way advertising a pro driver would be too have someone like von, or essa or even Chelsea. Even then I don't see that working. Cfrc needs long term solutions not quick fix Fundraisers.

i myself am very comfortable on the new layout but that is the biggest complaint i hear, people not wanting to drive CFRC do to its size and speed. You have to remember most kids only previous experience to CFRC is dumping the clutch turning from a stop sign. The driver clinic seems like a waste to me, especially when it is just as easy and cheaper to ask jason what i was doing wrong during a normal event.

True NOS did help. But I think setting up a slow figure type course a long side would help and would make cfrc more newb friendly. The normal lay out is intimidating for new drivers. I here a lot New guys tell me they don't think they are ready for cfrc. It won't cost you anything extra for you guys to set it up, but for some reason you guys don't wanna do it. Not everyone wants to go bawls to the wall.
And let's be honest if by pro driver you mean pat or jlowe then don't hold your breath. That would only be an incentive for someone that hasn't been in Orlando long. I'm sure they're awesome instructors but everyone knows them and always sees them.
The only way advertising a pro driver would be too have someone like von, or essa or even Chelsea. Even then I don't see that working. Cfrc needs long term solutions not quick fix Fundraisers.

von as in Vaughn gittin jr? fuck that noise

Yeah, Jeremy and I are totally not pro and have no business teaching anyone.

We're working on a situation similar to what county line does. A big track, and a small track once a month. We don't have the room right now to run a big sick course and a little course at the same time. Property has been taken away, an due to that legal crap, we can't use all that open area at the end of the drag strip.

Personally, I find it amazingly disrespectful to not consider Pat or JLowe pro drivers considering that they both make T32 (Pat every event this year I believe?). Yea its not a top8 or even t16 BUT, there are a few SEASONED FD drivers that dont go top32 even. and throwing Essa's name in there is just silly- the FD points leader... cmon, half of FD should take a clinic from Essa!

second, you want the "big names" then I'd imagine the cost will be about $300+ a person to afford their time away from home/work/travel costs/hotel and to pay those names. dont be so narrow minded. just because someone sees someone all the time or talks to them doesnt mean they can't teach you stuff. they know what they are doing and are there to help. Ever looked into real driving instruction courses? 500-3000+ for a DAY. The clinic costs about what some drift days used to cost when the events were scarce and venues didnt dedicate to drifting. now we (community as a whole) complain about a track that has expanded 3-4 times, and continues to show love for drifting.

as far as speed goes, the FIRST thing I tell anyone is go as fast as you feel comfortable- but EGO/PRIDE kicks in and they feel they must go blazing into the course, scared or goofy they screw up and feel its too hard. I basically started and drove ONLY oval tracks for 8 months before I drove anything different. There was no 'beginner' course, you just attacked one corner at a time, stepping up speed, then linking.... but if you want something easier, then attend a clinic or rent out the track for private day!

we can probably have cfrc do an alt course layout for group D maybe but then if you "graduate" is it based on personal feel or does CFRC decide when you escape the 8? tons of people got upset at Bobby Ore sebring events where he REQUIRED you to master the figure 8 course before allowing you on main course. people didnt do well enough and were stuck there for most/all of the day and said it wasnt what they paid to do, they wanted to drift. ($100 for just practice day, no "instruction" other than asking others or Bobby would toss you a little help, but not an instructional day by any means.

i myself am very comfortable on the new layout but that is the biggest complaint i hear, people not wanting to drive CFRC do to its size and speed. You have to remember most kids only previous experience to CFRC is dumping the clutch turning from a stop sign. The driver clinic seems like a waste to me, especially when it is just as easy and cheaper to ask jason what i was doing wrong during a normal event.

as far as cost, you shouldnt think of it as "event cost" but "cost per run". The COST per run, is going to be cheaper at the end of the day (meaning you get much more runs) and you get instruction the entire time instead of one or 2 runs with me/other.

compaints about the course being to hard and then not wanting to attend a training day makes 0 sense to me. cost is well worth it.

anyways we are wayyyy off topic now, we arent looking to argue about prices or who is a "pro driver".

CFRC needs new ideas/events to market to (outside of drifting). They have the donation page up but like was said before, thats not how they want to operate. All it takes is one corporate sponsor to replace the NOS funding. A few of us are trying that route, but we still could help suggest other things to CFRC to try to setup or bring in with established groups.

Unfortunately, the dragstrip is closed due to government officials/rulings, so it hurts CFRC and they can't do anything about it at this time. This is one big nail in the coffin.

LETS TRY TO HAVE HELPFUL IDEAS OUTSIDE OF DRIFT EVENTS GUYS.

If looking for other events, what about a car show? When v2labs puts on their mystery meat, they take over downtown. There are enough local cars to support a show. Throw something together to break up the waiting period between the major Orlando shows that SimplyClean and V2lab put together?

Local vendors love the shows. You can charge for showcar registration and put together some cheap trophies. Sell food and beverages. Offer live music.

If you could capture the attention of the local stance guys you may even increase attendance at the DRIFT events!

Personally, I find it amazingly disrespectful to not consider Pat or JLowe pro drivers considering that they both make T32 (Pat every event this year I believe?). Yea its not a top8 or even t16 BUT, there are a few SEASONED FD drivers that dont go top32 even. and throwing Essa's name in there is just silly- the FD points leader... cmon, half of FD should take a clinic from Essa!

I don't see where Tim said that :confused: What I understand from what he wrote is that if you are using Jeremy and Patrick as celebrity candy to lure people to your events then you are wasting your time and money. Because as a local you see them all the time at events so it wouldn't have the same effect as having someone like Daigo Saito, Mike Essa, Tanner Foust, Vaughn Gittin Jr.
So I don't think he is referring to their skill level specifically, I think it is more of their Celebrity status.

I "personally" wouldn't come to event to be taught by you, Jeremy or Patrick even though I know you could teach me a lot about how to slide my car.
I (The Potential Customer) also find you, Jeremy and Patrick to be very snobby and your personalities off putting but I guess you can say that is most of Florida's personalities. But then you meet people like Danny George, Fredric Aasbo, Joon Maeng and Mike Essa which are really open and cool dudes to talk to. Those are Instructors I could see people coming out to an event for and I would come to event that had any of them as instructors. Hell! I would come out if you had Bill Stenger as an Instructor because he is a cool guy and knows more about sliding then I do.

second, you want the "big names" then I'd imagine the cost will be about $300+ a person to afford their time away from home/work/travel costs/hotel and to pay those names. dont be so narrow minded.

He said before about having "celebrity drifters" as instructors will not work, so you pointing out the reasons it won't work is pointless.

So that is not the solution for CFRC.

I basically started and drove ONLY oval tracks for 8 months before I drove anything different. There was no 'beginner' course, you just attacked one corner at a time, stepping up speed, then linking.... but if you want something easier, then attend a clinic or rent out the track for private day!
Talk about being "Narrow Minded" it is this attitude that has gotten you to this point of where you are begging for money and not catering to your customers. It is things like Patrick saying you can't have an open diff, manual steering or no e-brake that pushes your customers away.

we can probably have cfrc do an alt course layout for group D maybe but then if you "graduate" is it based on personal feel or does CFRC decide when you escape the 8? tons of people got upset at Bobby Ore sebring events where he REQUIRED you to master the figure 8 course before allowing you on main course. people didnt do well enough and were stuck there for most/all of the day and said it wasnt what they paid to do, they wanted to drift. ($100 for just practice day, no "instruction" other than asking others or Bobby would toss you a little help, but not an instructional day by any means.
From running the skid pad we have learned that there is a very small amount of people that want instructors but there is a lot of people that want to start on a small track to build their confidence for bigger layout events. I'm not saying this is a correct way of learning but it is what I see at the Skid pad.

CFRC needs new ideas/events to market to (outside of drifting). They have the donation page up but like was said before, thats not how they want to operate. All it takes is one corporate sponsor to replace the NOS funding. A few of us are trying that route, but we still could help suggest other things to CFRC to try to setup or bring in with established groups.

Unfortunately, the dragstrip is closed due to government officials/rulings, so it hurts CFRC and they can't do anything about it at this time. This is one big nail in the coffin

Well, you have one thing right drifting is not going to support CFRC you can see that in your donations.

Last edited:
1: Personally, I ind it amazingly disrespectful to not consider Pat or JLowe pro drivers considering that they both make T32

2: second, you want the "big names"

3: as far as speed goes, the FIRST thing I tell anyone is go as fast as you feel comfortable- but EGO/PRIDE kicks in and they feel they must go blazing into the course, scared or goofy they screw up and feel its too hard. I basically started and drove ONLY oval tracks for 8 months before I drove anything different. There was no 'beginnr' course, you just attacked one corner at a time, stepping up speed, then linking.... but if you want something easier, then atend a clinic or rent out the track for private day!

4:Bobby Ore sebring events

5:LETS TRY TO HAVE HELPFUL IDEAS OUTSIDE OF DRIFT EVENTS GUYS.

1: I apologize for saying it like that. What I meant was they're not big enough names (I'm my opinion) to draw in a big crowd. But where in the hell do I say they couldn't teach? Or aren't pro? Please point that out. The tandem clinic is an amazing idea and I'd be one of the first to sign up.

2: only a suggestion, not what I want.

3: Yea great there wasn't a beginner course when you started. ... that's the go hard or go home mentality that you guys have. And you don't have to make it a graduation thing just alternate layouts. Make a slower layout then a faster one. It's hard for new guys to gauge where to initiate.

4: cfrc isn't sebring there weren't many beginners out there.
5: get the drag back open.

You would be surprise how much if a difference it would make if you guys would Just walk around and talk to everyone and try to make them feel welcome.
At just about every event I make it a point to walk around the pits and the line and say hello to everyone.

Last edited:
I (The Potential Customer) also find you, Jeremy and Patrick to be very snobby and your personalities off putting

Whoa whoa whoa, you're crazy. Boxmod is no where near my level of snobbiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom