We need CFRC- CFRC needs us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxmod

Driver
CFRC is one of Florida's staples now in the drifting community. They have expanded the track multiple times, installed bleachers, media/judge tower, and hold some of the most fun events within our boarders.

CFRC has operated for years and had to deal with price complaints, people begging for this, abusing that, and at the end of the day, we are hurting ourselves. For all the newer drivers, some of us veterans grew up on ONLY OVAL tracks... nothing wrong with ovals, but to have this place available and lose it will be terrible for our sport.

The track is dying. 2014 is a maybe at this point with no help in sight. So its up to us. If someone can gather money to run a season off of donations, surely we can ask businesses we work with or visit often if they can sponsor a banner or event at the track. I know its not in your backyard in SFL, but not everyone on here is SFL only.

You don't have to do anything, but I think if we all try to help we can find support for this place. Its kind to think about donating $5 or $20 yourself, but the reality is, this isnt a lot rental- CFRC takes a lot to operate so we need to find real sources of support through track sponsors or suggesting the venue to event coordinators (not only drift events can happen here!). So get your favorite groups and look for a crazy show to come... or a band to throw a concert? You never know what Facebook post or message might break through to someone....

Think outside the box and lets make this happen. We are a huge network after all, reach out and lets save CFRC.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> www.cfracingcomplex.com/fundraisers.com/cfrc

Last edited:
I made a post on facebook and I donated. I will send more money when payday rolls around. I will post on some other forums and pages.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

They need to start doing Autocross on that pad

your biggest problem, too many events. dial back on the number of events you have and you might pick up some revenue.

So it sitting there not making money.... makes them more money? yeah that makes sense

Idk what it is but every time I make the 3 hour drive to cfrc there's like 10 ppl... When it's supposed to be a big event.

they already did do autox, but not many showed up so they would actually lose money doing it. they need a autox group to use them, instead of put it on themselves.

too many events i agree, i told them that back in 2010, but it is what it is now. stopping number of events now will not change enough by end of year. so we have to find help.

yeah I meant having SCCA or something come in and rent the track to do auto X. Thats the only way they are going to have people show up. I know alot of people in orlando autoX so there is a market.

Yeah but didn't the drift clinic require you bring your own drift car and they teach you?

I believe it did.

I do know that precision and stunt driving courses with supplied vehicles normally run $1500 and up for 2/3 day courses and the guys that run them have facilities. Sebring being the closest to Orlando.

Yeah but didn't the drift clinic require you bring your own drift car and they teach you?

ok so $150 and bring your own car or $2000 ish to rent a car (no one will pay $2k for a stock 240 rental so now need to pay for the SR swap/coilovers/tires etc)

$150 is still cheaper than a TRACK DAY for road courses, and we used to sell out events at $100 a spot in 30 minutes back with Ter-Tech days.

$150 with a pro-qualified driver is crazy cheap.

Is the amount of money that has already been donated accurate? Because if it is then that's depressing.

This happens when you over saturate your area with events. We(Drift-Sessions) found this out awhile ago. They are going to have to market themselves to other motorsports and different events. I hope they figure it out it would suck for drifting in orlando if cfrc closed.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Is the amount of money that has already been donated accurate? Because if it is then that's depressing.

Yeah but you have to think if the drivers have no money to attend events how are they going to fund your fundraiser?

This happens when you over saturate your area with events. We(Drift-Sessions) found this out awhile ago. They are going to have to market themselves to other motorsports and different events. I hope they figure it out it would suck for drifting in orlando if cfrc closed.

boxmod tried to warn them about that but it fell on deaf ears.

Yeah but you have to think if the drivers have no money to attend events how are they going to fund your fundraiser?

Donations don't have to come from drivers, spectators can contribute. As of this writing they have 6,453 likes on their Facebook page, which I'm sure it consists of both drivers and spectators. If each of them donated the minimum $20 they would have $129,060. So where's the support? It seems to me the majority don't care about the track anymore. This is all on the basis that the information about the funds raised is accurate.

Perhaps they should add more donation options like $10 gets you a voucher for 1 drink and 1 food item. $5 gets you a signed autograph from one of the FD pros. $1 gets you a customized voicemail greeting from an FD pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom