VQ35 into S13 harness

looking for someone/somewhere with proven experience for this specific job so if Festival knows how to do it and they've done it before Abe can call meeeeee

the problem with the vq isnt the harness its all that immobilizer crap. i can wire it up but i cant guarantee it will start without the key fob.

I have everything, key harnesses, pedals, etc etc. I need to send out the harnesses/whatever else is needed to get wired up so I when the motor is done being put in I can plug the harness and go. Not looking for ghetto rigged wiring jobs(I can do that myself)

..........."Nissan's security system that is built into the ECU is called NATS (Nissan Anti-Theft System). It is an advanced multi-random code hopping alarm system with anti-towing sensors, high-powered siren and electronic override touch key. They can be deactivated by a plug-in dongle, touch key, card, but most modern cars have a chip built into the key that is programmed to your vehicle that says you can start the car with it. Any other key, whether it fits the door or ingition, and does not have this gadget will not work. In the 03+ Nissan line-up of vehicles the ECU must see this signal but so does the IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution, Module), the BCM (Body Control Module), and the NATS control module. What this means is that if you want to run a Nissan VQ35DE engine into other type of car (like a 240SX or 240Z) you will need to have the ignition key, ignition switch, FM Antenna modulator, the NATS module, the IPDM, the BCM, the ECU, and all the wiring harnesses to each of these (almost every harness in the car) and they all have to be taken from the same donor car. Then you need to wire them all into the car you are building. That is a LOT of work! ".............But looks like they figured out how to go into the ECU and and maniputalate it and shut off the NATS programming alltogether.

more here

http://www.zfever.com/v1/Services-Engine-Swaps-VQ35DE/

Last edited:
..........."Nissan's security system that is built into the ECU is called NATS (Nissan Anti-Theft System). It is an advanced multi-random code hopping alarm system with anti-towing sensors, high-powered siren and electronic override touch key. They can be deactivated by a plug-in dongle, touch key, card, but most modern cars have a chip built into the key that is programmed to your vehicle that says you can start the car with it. Any other key, whether it fits the door or ingition, and does not have this gadget will not work. In the 03+ Nissan line-up of vehicles the ECU must see this signal but so does the IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution, Module), the BCM (Body Control Module), and the NATS control module. What this means is that if you want to run a Nissan VQ35DE engine into other type of car (like a 240SX or 240Z) you will need to have the ignition key, ignition switch, FM Antenna modulator, the NATS module, the IPDM, the BCM, the ECU, and all the wiring harnesses to each of these (almost every harness in the car) and they all have to be taken from the same donor car. Then you need to wire them all into the car you are building. That is a LOT of work! ".............But looks like they figured out how to go into the ECU and and maniputalate it and shut off the NATS programming alltogether.

more here

http://www.zfever.com/v1/Services-Engine-Swaps-VQ35DE/

cool info, guess it doesnt need any wiring, just use the entire cars harness and cluster with ignition. :bigthumbu

thx

NO:chair: you need to send them the harness and they rewired for you.........................

............" We are able to then rewire the engine's EFI harness and run it directly to the ECU. We will need the accelerator pedal in order to make the "drive-by-wire" TB work. We also like to add to the harness an OBD-II plug so that diagnostics are still available to the end user. We can also tune the ECU through the OBD-II port. "..........

NO:chair: you need to send them the harness and they rewired for you.........................

............" We are able to then rewire the engine's EFI harness and run it directly to the ECU. We will need the accelerator pedal in order to make the "drive-by-wire" TB work. We also like to add to the harness an OBD-II plug so that diagnostics are still available to the end user. We can also tune the ECU through the OBD-II port. "..........

lol I'm not sending them a harness and paying 500$ for wiring without having a working cluster they are nuts

Well is not just rewire they also reflash the ecu, and yes looks expensive.... but is cheaper than go stand alone, besides i don't know any1 else that been able to use the stock ecu for the vq35 and keep the variable valve timing.

The cluster is not that simple bc the vq gets most of the info via CAN.
ej; speed sensor signal from the abs sensors however u can use the dakota digital converter for the speedo or s15 diff,
aftermarket tach and temp u set
Also dont forget
- U need to modify your fuel system VQs have the fp regulated at the fuel tank
- Drive shaft
- Mounts
- Exhaust mani

So if u dont take advantage of the VVT u will loose like 40 hps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom