vq wiring

I was wondering if anyone has any info on how to wire up the ecu from a Vq35 or 37 to a 91 nissan hatch. I've searched but all I find is people say how cool it would be to do the swap by no one has really done it that I've found and I know vqswaps sell the aem harness but that's too much money. Anyone have any hints or info it would be greatly appreciated thanx.

There's a guy doing a build of one on Zilvia. Doesn't go into much detail though. I have link bookmarked at home I'll post it later on.

I do know there's two ways to do this:

Either use the entire vq harness, which means wiring the 350z security system into the 240.

OR

Getting the AEM.

try freshalloy.com and go to the forums they have some crazy builds in there and probably the builders themselves would be happy to lend u a hand

if your asking....its prolly over ur head...not being a dick btw...just sayign

if your asking....its prolly over ur head...not being a dick btw...just sayign

Well thanx for the info it's really helpfull.... I was asking to see if anyone had an easier way than just swaping the full wireing harness. But from wat I see appearently not.

have you gotten the service manual for a 240SX and 350Z? and looked at the wiring?

i might be able to get you a 240 manual but, it's from a 94 don't know if that'll help or not, but it's the full service manual the ones they use at the nissan dealer when their fixing a car.

have you gotten the service manual for a 240SX and 350Z? and looked at the wiring?

i might be able to get you a 240 manual but, it's from a 94 don't know if that'll help or not, but it's the full service manual the ones they use at the nissan dealer when their fixing a car.

I think I can get the 350z from one of my friends but I'm not too sure i have to talk to him and yeah from 89 to 94 they are all s13 right and I have a 91 so I think it should be the same....

I know the wiring isn't that simple, otherwise you'd see that swap all over the place. There's a lot more to it, like I posted - about the security system in the 350z that makes the swap difficult, which is why the people who have done that either A) are wiring experts or B) go with the AEM.

Not trying to rain on your parade here, just don't wanna see you get frustrated at a project and give up.

theyre are ways to use a nissan harness but its not from a 350z. you have to use the ecu and harness from a vq30de maxima, along with some kind of ecu tune. the only bad thing about it is that it doesnt have anything for the variable cam timing. The 350z harness is can-bus system, along with the immobilizer thats coded to basically everything electrical. The immobilizer is in the key, and is read to verify the correct code to start the vehicle (or prevent theft). Check out engineswaptech.com, hes like the orginator of this swap, and has the most information about it. pm me if you have anymore questions about this, Ive done quite a bit of research on this swap.

all the time and money involed into this swap i would just get an lsx and be done with it... much easier to swap imo without any of that stupid thieft shit making it difficult

theyre are ways to use a nissan harness but its not from a 350z. you have to use the ecu and harness from a vq30de maxima, along with some kind of ecu tune. the only bad thing about it is that it doesnt have anything for the variable cam timing. The 350z harness is can-bus system, along with the immobilizer thats coded to basically everything electrical. The immobilizer is in the key, and is read to verify the correct code to start the vehicle (or prevent theft). Check out engineswaptech.com, hes like the orginator of this swap, and has the most information about it. pm me if you have anymore questions about this, Ive done quite a bit of research on this swap.

Thanx will do!

Back
Top Bottom