Violent Shaking in front end!

boostlee

CAR:S14
what would cause the front end to vibrate occasionally and shake at times brought on by braking (twice) and sometimes vibrates under light acceleration.

let me begin by saying that,
the rotors are not warped,
the tires and wheels do not need balancing(tried two sets)
and the wheels are mounted tightly onto the hub.
i recently upgraded the tie rod ends(complete) and tension rods (tien) and the car was supposedly alligned by tire plus which i plan to get done and checked again tomorrow at weber in WPB.
NOTE THAT i said SHAKE not vibrate, this shaking happend once under hard braking from about 80mph and did not stop after letting up. and again on the highway this morning braking lightly at about 60mph and did not stop after getting off the brake. and both time shook so bad i thought it was going to jump into another lane.
this SHAKING has only happened since the new parts were installed.
the vibration was occasional for sometime now.

What could be cause??

ball joints!

jack the car up, getting the front end up off the ground, take the wheels and shake it, see if theres play, inspact bushings, and rod ends. could be bad bushing, or even a loose bolt.

make sure your lugs are tight i had the same shit happen to my s13 my lugnuts kept coming loose on one of my wheels

happens on my S13 too, although I haven't had it checked out. Only seems to happen between 50 and 60, and when braking from a good speed. I'll be checking the bolts tomorrow when i change my oil

the alignment was out. asses at tiresplus did not adjust the tension rods and the alignment was still out. so the new alignment at weber in wpb set it right. Thanks to all for the advice including Bill fisher.

Back
Top Bottom