vert or hatch resurrection?

guys, i need some opinions.. i have the option to buy a vert shell. I dont know if it had any electrical problems though. I have my recovered hatch (was stolen) but i need to rewire the door harnesses and figure out a way to reinstall the radio harnessing.

If i buy the vert, i have to swap over brakes, coilovers, swaybars, motor, tranny, lsd, hubs, and my dash.

If i keep my hatch, i have to repaint and rewire..and deal with knowing that it was stolen once, and molested..(i guess im kinda oddly attached to my hatch and the memories i have with it)

the amount of work involved should be an easy answer to your question.

a vert is a vert, if they stole your hatch your vert is going to be an even easier target.

radio harness is like a max of 18 wires..... idk wtf a door harness is, power locks/windows? like 6 wires each door.

2hrs of amatuer wiring > ??? days of manual labor

if u cant figure out the wiring, get headphones and buy manual window doors

keep the hatch, paint it, and get a good alarm w/ gps if you are worried about leaving it out of sight

Last edited:
86, you should buy the vert to add to your collection of 240's. Seriously why do you need 3? :p

and dan, the only reason the jacked my car was for my motor.. they just had a field day chopping off doors and ruining my shit inside.
and yeh power everything basically. my radio harness was ripped out, im not sure how to put it back together lol

86, you should buy the vert to add to your collection of 240's. Seriously why do you need 3? :p

and dan, the only reason the jacked my car was for my motor.. they just had a field day chopping off doors and ruining my shit inside.
and yeh power everything basically. my radio harness was ripped out, im not sure how to put it back together lol

all wiring is the same, just match the colors. download a FSM if you need and look at the diagrams, wiring is one of the simplest things to do, it just requires reading lol

but it'll be cheaper and quicker and smarter just to keep the hatch, or keep the hatch and buy the vert in case something happens to the hatch later on down the road but verts are tedious and need a lot of work to be cool

dont get a vert if anything get a clean coupe or hatch shell swap your shit over. verts are great and all but here are a few things to chew over. you want to make that a "track car" and having a vert is gonna require you spending more money becuase you will be required to have some kind of a cage at any track to put your car to use there. second thing about a 240 vert is that you can no longer buy the seals for the top so if your shit is leaking you would have to try to make something work to stop the leaks and replaccment of the top every few years.

moral of my post is if you want a vert be ready to deal with the extra cost of it.

the carlos, thank you. :D i'm just having a late night freak out because college starts again the 9th and i have to be able to get there. right now i just despise looking in the garage and seeing that monstrosity of a car. I really need to get my ass motivated and get her running.

Back
Top Bottom