USDC SEPT 28th FEEDBACK THREAD

good show only downside was the rain I had fun, and as long as I have fun who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks! LMFAO! Cant wait for the next one we will be there to support for sure. IT IS A SHOW!!!! It will never be a real competition till they figure out a computerized judging system till then there is always drama. SO LET IT GO AND ENJOY THE SHOW!!!

This is the true

I had a great time at the event but there were a few things that happened that I disagree with....

- The entrance price didn't match the amount of seat time the solo drivers got.
- The tire changer guy took a while... long while to get there.
- There were no ATMs at this event.
- The personnel limited how many times you could go in or out.
- The last tandem run where there were no lights on the track and there were huge
puddles everywhere..REALLY?

Now allow me to emphasize these..
To pay that price to drift "all night" I expect to drift all night, why couldn't both tracks be hot until the end of the event? Even if tandem track wasn't available due to OMTs, I'm pretty sure most of us who payed would have been more than happy to do what we love.

During the event I had the issue of having two flat drift spares. Well the tire changer guy with the machine didn't show up until later so I had to leave to get some air in those wheels at the gas station down the street. When I came back I had been warned not to leave again or else I couldn't come back... If I payed money to attend and the resources aren't available what am I supposed to do?
Later when the tire change guy was there I had tires to switch around but I had run out of money.. assuming that there was an ATM at the event like last time I wasn't in a panic.. well there turned out to be no ATM this time.. again leaving me to deal with the guy that didn't want to let me out because "once you leave these gates there's no returning". If the resources aren't at the event what the hell am I supposed to do shit out $20 or an air hose? I believe there should be an alternate exit for drivers if and only if there isn't an atm or tire change guy or any air hoses available.

Last but not least if safety is considered at all how safe is it to let a tandem go on in a (1) wet track with (2) puddles the size of a small lake and (3) no lights? We all love sliding in the rain but without lights that is obviously a recipe for disaster.

Other than this I had a great time, I am more than happy and hope to attend more events.

The guy didn't call ahead or anything like that? he should've done that if he wanted to bring his car past the gate. Seems like common sense..

the guy came last minute to try and get a minute with chris about potentially sponsoring a series next year. after i heard chris may have something on his hands about a FD pro am series. if this happens he will need financial help. sorry i try to help. :bigthumbu

i-thought-the-biggest-threat-was-the-illuminati-then-i-realized-clearly-aliens-300x171.jpg

i had a lot of fun at the event, but there were things i didn't like.
i didn't like not being able to leave in and out of the pits in my car.
i also disliked how the solo track clipping points where changed from the past event, all were inside point which made the drifting in my opinion much slower.
i also believe the solo track should have been opened after competition for practice. rain or shine i don't care.
i think the cars drifting should have been numbered for a smoother competition.

i don't think the judging was bad just maybe some miss-communication , (lots of rain effected driving) Some of what ofc dangle said sounded about right except that whole break dancing judging bull shit lmao an't nobody got time fo dat.

that's all i can say off the top of my head

I had a lot of fun, I do wish that more people would've driven solo though... Most people are afraid to compete because they think they're not ready when in reality we should all just have fun so I think we should work on spreading that message out there

Rain really ended up fucking the event up in the end, and I know that's definitely out of your control but I deff would've loved to drive solo track while main comp was going on

Judging for solo half was fair from what I could see, not sure why the last run was allowed to happen... luckily they hydroplaned where they did and the damage that they got was nothing compared to what could've happened if they were going all out COMPLETELY blind..

I had fun, I can't wait for the next event.

chris didn't allow a potential series sponsor to park in the pits.
the guy felt weird parking his 300k ferrari r8 in general parking, cant blame the guy.

Volcano_Orange.jpg

that very well could have been a potential sponcer but common sence would be to call a day before.....:chair:

So not sure who even judged but as a general rule... I prefer judges to be past or present competitive drivers. This way they know what they are talking about because they have been there, and they know what is or is not fair to ask of a driver.

Breakdance stuff wouldnt work, but funny idea. besides a huge waste of time of course, who judges those runs anyways? what if those runs are protested - more runs vs judges with them? LOL pyramid scheme of never ending hell.

here is where you guys are losing me: keep drifting fun. yes I agree to have fun, but competitive events (rather than just practice event with tandem/trains/etc), are for competition. There has to be a certain amount of control and rules which are bound to have some conflict when it is a judged sport. Dudes wanting to just have fun can come out and compete, thats fine, but dont tell the driver spending $15k a year on his car/season that when a judged call seems wrong that s/he should just shush and keep drifting fun... s/he is there to make money on the prize by out driving the others. losing is losing, dont get butt hurt cuz you lost, but by all means, the judges need to respect the money these drivers put out to win back only a small % of it even with a perfect event.

having said all that jazz, i hope usdc continues to grow and looks like its 90% going the right way so far. keep it up :)

Im taking all this in guys please keep them coming I want to make this as smooth and easy for everyone. With out your input we can not make this any better dont be afraid to hurt my feelings. The judging on the solo side was good from what i heard and erik stepped up and did a great job. There was the incident with andrew mensha I went over and took care of that situation as best as i could.

what happened?

I completely agree with Jason. Even though yes we should be having as much fun as possible it is still none the less a completion event. For us who can't afford to travel far to compete an want to grow competitively in the sport this is our FD. We need judges that...don't just want to finish the event...we need people that act as professional as they can, cause for some of us we take these local competition events serious.

Back
Top Bottom