USDC SEPT 28th FEEDBACK THREAD

it was a great event i had a lot of fun only thing i missed is the 9:00-11:59 OPEN TRACK!!! and it would have been nice if the trophy has something on it (like event ,date,place) other than that it worth the money and next time i liked to try the other track too

I know you were judging the solo groups and I did not see the judging over there nor the runs so I can't elaborate on that aspect; but someone from the solo runs did come to the judging booth and ask who placed where, as if he hadn't been informed on the results. I understand that is in part due the severe downpour. However on the tandem side the judging was terrible especially towards the end where I witnessed two of the judges say and agree "Fuck it, let's just get the event over with." Which was another direct result of the rain.

Also, the 5/6 minute (don't recall the time limit they issued) time-out had expired for one of the driver's in an earlier battle. The driver who was waiting at the line requested to take the win and then was not sent to complete his bye-run (due in part to his vehicle actually shutting off and not turning back on). The line worker never informed the judges that his vehicle wouldn't turn back on and the judges made the call to give him the win. The other drivers then protested the call and one judge in particular tried to justify the mistake instead of rectifying it at which time I stepped in and told them to talk it amongst themselves and complete there runs together (a diplomatic solution). Both drivers agreed and completed their runs. The rain played a role in the issue but there were some mistakes that were made that could have been prevented.

Someone recommended that judge selection should be like break dancing. The judges should have a running car ready for competition and have competed/placed in competitions as part of the qualifications. That way drivers could call out the judges if they don't agree with a certain call and they would have to battle it out on the track and depending on the outcome the call would be withheld or overturned. I think that would be an awesome way to handle things, but the problem is most drivers who would having a running car would be competing in the event.

Too much down time.
I enjoyed the event but the rain was a real bummer.

Would have also been nice if my champagne and trophy did not get stolen before being awarded to me. This was also most likely due to the rain/wreck.

I know you were judging the solo groups and I did not see the judging over there nor the runs so I can't elaborate on that aspect; but someone from the solo runs did come to the judging booth and ask who placed where, as if he hadn't been informed on the results. I understand that is in part due the severe downpour. However on the tandem side the judging was terrible especially towards the end where I witnessed two of the judges say and agree "Fuck it, let's just get the event over with." Which was another direct result of the rain.

Also, the 5/6 minute (don't recall the time limit they issued) time-out had expired for one of the driver's in an earlier battle. The driver who was waiting at the line requested to take the win and then was not sent to complete his bye-run (due in part to his vehicle actually shutting off and not turning back on). The line worker never informed the judges that his vehicle wouldn't turn back on and the judges made the call to give him the win. The other drivers then protested the call and one judge in particular tried to justify the mistake instead of rectifying it at which time I stepped in and told them to talk it amongst themselves and complete there runs together (a diplomatic solution). Both drivers agreed and completed their runs. The rain played a role in the issue but there were some mistakes that were made that could have been prevented.

Someone recommended that judge selection should be like break dancing. The judges should have a running car ready for competition and have competed/placed in competitions as part of the qualifications. That way drivers could call out the judges if they don't agree with a certain call and they would have to battle it out on the track and depending on the outcome the call would be withheld or overturned. I think that would be an awesome way to handle things, but the problem is most drivers who would having a running car would be competing in the event.

Don't take it too seriously now, some of what you said isn't the 100% truth, the judges are there to make their best call, regardless of what you personally think, that's what happens when you enter into a subjective sport; they did a great job in my opinion.

good show only downside was the rain I had fun, and as long as I have fun who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks! LMFAO! Cant wait for the next one we will be there to support for sure. IT IS A SHOW!!!! It will never be a real competition till they figure out a computerized judging system till then there is always drama. SO LET IT GO AND ENJOY THE SHOW!!!

Im taking all this in guys please keep them coming I want to make this as smooth and easy for everyone. With out your input we can not make this any better dont be afraid to hurt my feelings. The judging on the solo side was good from what i heard and erik stepped up and did a great job. There was the incident with andrew mensha I went over and took care of that situation as best as i could.

Im taking all this in guys please keep them coming I want to make this as smooth and easy for everyone. With out your input we can not make this any better dont be afraid to hurt my feelings. The judging on the solo side was good from what i heard and erik stepped up and did a great job. There was the incident with andrew mensha I went over and took care of that situation as best as i could.

what happened?

Last edited:
chris didn't allow a potential series sponsor to park in the pits.
the guy felt weird parking his 300k ferrari r8 in general parking, cant blame the guy.

Volcano_Orange.jpg

The guy didn't call ahead or anything like that? he should've done that if he wanted to bring his car past the gate. Seems like common sense..

The "break dance style judging" is the DUMBEST thing I have ever heard.

Bearcat - While I respect that as a human being you have your own opinion, I would rather see someone of your stature in professional drifting offer a more constructive response than the simple minded rhetoric you continuously post. It's unfortunate that you never seem to post anything constructive. I'm sure people would value the opinion of a professional driver who is actively participating in the motorsport more seriously than that of a hobbyist or fan. It is also unfortunate that as a direct result of your attitude that I would never purchase a single item from any one of your sponsors. While that might seem ridiculous some, you are a direct representation of the companies that sponsor you and I don't agree with the way you represent them.

SteveO - I do agree with you on the fact that competitive drifting is subjective, but I am not sure on which aspect of my response you believe to be a fallacy. Please elaborate on which topic you believe to be untrue.

ZackHughes - After speaking with Chris about the venue, it became apparent that a lot of those issues are out of his control. It seems the stadium has a lot more control over the event than Chris. I did see the McLaren MP4-12C (Ferrari R8) parked in the very back of the parking lot upon entering the event, and I must say that car was more eye-catching than 80% of the "show cars" that were in attendance. Just because of the sheer value of the car doesn't allow anyone to adjust the rules.

Dude stop trying to talk out of your ass; what you are saying I presume to be very intrusive, your post that I quoted is all shit that you have no business being in, the judges did what they thought is best; do us a favor, don't take this too seriously to where you ruin the fun for the rest of us.

I posted an opinion that I thought needed no explanation. I am sorry that you are too immature to see through my post and see the great products my sponsors offer.

P.s. lets say I judge and "get called out." Do you know the operations cost on my competition car? The travel cost of bringing my competition car and all the things nessacary to running it? It's not show up with some sick shoes and sweat pants and roll around on the ground. Use some actual thought before you post stuff. I get that you're trying to help save drifting, but just put some actual thought into it.

Dude stop trying to talk out of your ass; what you are saying I presume to be very intrusive, your post that I quoted is all shit that you have no business being in, the judges did what they thought is best; do us a favor, don't take this too seriously to where you ruin the fun for the rest of us.

Please elaborate on how I am "talking out of my ass." I simply voiced my opinion on the matter, which was the sole purpose of this thread. Your argument that I have no business being involved in things concerning the sport is null and void. If there were no fans to a sport there would essentially be no sport left. Being that I paid the entry fee to view spectacle I am allowed to have an opinion.

What you are implying is that if you have a favorite football team that you cheer for and while attending/watching the game you see a call that you don't like or agree with that directly affects "your team" you are not allowed to have an opinion about the call. The thing I find amusing is that you tell me not to take this too seriously because it will "ruin the fun for the rest of us" but some of the participants in the event were there for competition purposes and to further their career as a driver.

I posted an opinion that I thought needed no explanation. I am sorry that you are too immature to see through my post and see the great products my sponsors offer.

P.s. lets say I judge and "get called out." Do you know the operations cost on my competition car? The travel cost of bringing my competition car and all the things nessacary to running it? It's not show up with some sick shoes and sweat pants and roll around on the ground. Use some actual thought before you post stuff. I get that you're trying to help save drifting, but just put some actual thought into it.

This is a way more constructive response than what you previously posted. I do understand it is not cost effective to run your car for the sole purpose of judging. If you refer to my original post I event made a similar comment to what your saying.
I think that would be an awesome way to handle things, but the problem is most drivers who would having a running car would be competing in the event.

Now to say that I am immature because I would not purchase an item from any of your sponsors is your opinion which you are entitled to. That being said, is it immature if you were to have a negative experience with a company and from that point forward refuse to conduct business with that company based on your previous experience?

Whether you like it or not you are a direct representation of the companies that sponsor you and therefore are held just as accountable as per say a sales rep. I am in no way attempting to save drifting. I don't even believe it needs saving, the people who participate in it do so for the fact that they love it or they feel it will accommodate them financially. I am simply voicing my opinion regarding the experience I had.

The winners were going to be announced during the award ceremony. Its meant to be a secret until then. Never did we say "Fuck it", I remember explicitly looking at you and telling you at 10:30ish pm (mind you we were suppose to finish around 9:00pm) after you kept yelling for another OMT for Bill and Nick, "No, we have to finish already."

That's not exactly how it went. Fuzera called for 5 minutes, Mensah was waiting in line the whole time. Then Steve tells us Fuzera did in fact pass the 5 minutes. Shortly after as Fuzera got to the line Mensah's car didn't start up again AFTER we had already made the call that he advances. The issue that came was that Fuzera didn't pass the 5 min. But there was no definite proof or anything they could do to prove it and reverse the call. I appreciate you helping, but you are not a judge nor an official at the event. Please do not attempt to over rule a call we had already made and announced again.

The event itself was going great and qualifying was judged and scored great. It was until the rain came down and made it impossible to judge everyone's tandem runs due to literally everyone straightening out, spinning out, going off track or making some huge correction. Sorry we couldn't please you with 2 or 3 OMT's for each battle.

Back
Top Bottom