update on "drifting at homestead"

the other thread is getting extremely long and for me its tough to keep up on threads once their longer than 4 pages haha

anyways, this past weekend my team and i went to gainseville raceway and ran the road course.......drastic difference from homestead!

we put together a few different courses and have found that this facility is a million times better than the one we resourced in miami and the track is so much easier to work with and more helpful of a staff too

The Plan:
what were looking into doing, because the nopi/fd/idc series are taking up everyones time and focus, is to run practice events over the next few months and then in the OFF SEASON.....november-april to run a mini-series with a championship and prize money, this isnt meant to be a pressured situation and nothing more than a grassroots event that everyone has fun at, there will probably be 6-8 events held on a skid pad area with different courses everytime. then the championship will be held on the road course.

this is the way the track wants it to be. what we will need to do, is hold 2 events on the skidpad to raise money to put a concrete apron on the roadcourse so it will be more "drift friendly" and not break the edges of their course.

the first two events will be strictly practice and fun.

for the mini series- it will be practice sessions on various parts of the track all day long the first day, everyone will get plenty and equal practice time! for day two, the first part of the day will be practice and then the second half will be qualifying, and then immediately into top 16 elims.

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO TRY TO QUALIFY CAN! NO ONE NEEDS A PRE OBTAINED LISENCE

please start making the list of who could make it to these events so i can start planning the dates to hold the events

once again, the events will be held at GAINSVILLE NOT HOMESTEAD to begin with, later on there may be a few held in homestead but for right now gainsville makes alot more sense

thanks guys, i know it might be tough for everyone in SFL to make it up but if you could try and participate that would be awesome!

Also, there is a possibility of running two series, north fla drifting and so fla drifting and then bringing the top 16 from each series at the end to a championship to compete for the FL drifting title

please feel free to ask questions, i know this post was very confusing and i'll try to answer questions and explain everything the best i can

-nick hogan

i like this idea.... gainesville is like a walk away.. have u seen the kart track in ocala? everyone loves that track but i know dgtrials hold an event yearly but iono just throwing it in there.

-domel

Yeah... Gainesville is not exactly a stone throw's away, but I am willing to participate. Keep us posted.

- Erick

Sounds like a good plan. Great little Florida Mini Series!

For all those complaining that it is far. Suck it up. If you want to drift then you got to travel... I dont remember people complaining about OGP.

When will registration open? What is the dates and whatnot. Muah ha ah, Gainesville is the track I drift at the most!! Suweet

how about a set date and registration, not just talkity talk talk about plans to do somethin... I wont believe it until i see it

Kinda dumb when I think everyone on this entire forum has the same option to get 20 friends together and privately rent the place out themselves. Personally gainsville is great, but Why the fuck would people down here go to gainsville to do a skidpad. I have no problem helping out the FL scene. I have been to all the tertech events in WPB I've even attended old school hialeah shizz. But to drive to gainsville for a skid pad, not too keen on that being I'm too poor on a trailer. Ter-Tech is holding this scene down south.
props to them, and if you get something down south I'd love to hit it up down in homestead. Just not feasable.

Now if it came to more important events, I would be more down for it, Just practice days in gainsville we all have options to rent it.

haha ok whos gonna pay my 3.50 a gal for premium to drive up there. shesh well nice idea but my poor college student ass wont make it.
last time i checked SOUTH fla was here... down south lol not in GAYtor country
Sorry but i gotta say this idea is probably the most unfeasible one i have heard as far as south florida drifting is concerned.
keep at it but homestead has to be the best bet. or lets find a damn parking lot over in doral and tare it up.

2 cents.
nice house btw. when u plan on havin a 240 party there lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom