[UNOFFICIAL] SFL Ebisu Pilgramage May 2014

Piner

GlobeTrotter
Driver
Okay guys here is the dealio. I want to go back to Ebisu for the Spring Matsuri in 2014 and I wanted to extend an invitation to go with me. I have tried with a few of my friends to do this before but due to being late notice they weren't able to come.

I know that a large number of you guys want to go but have been a bit intimidated with the idea of going to a completely foriegn country without knowing the language or transportation systems. I am offering to be a guide of sorts so you can all be assured that we will get there in one piece.

I really want to see who would be down for this. I have a couple estimates for the amount of money needed.

If wanting to drive you can expect to spend atleast $5000 depending on ticket prices and car selection at the time and about $2500 if not driving. I figure this will give people enough time to save up for the trip.

Its alot of money for sure but it is really worth it. Japan is amazing and Ebisu really is drift heaven.

So who's down?

*EDIT* People who are Down to go (Just so I can keep track later)
1. Hendershot
2. Soflacoupe
3. Kensi
4. Hachi
5. Guillermo
6. Souless

You guys can always cut costs by pairing up and splitting the cost of a car. That can cut 1000-1500 out of the cost since most of the expense of going is getting a car. There is so much track time that sharing a car really isn't a big deal. Tire wise around 600-800 bucks (per person) will have you set for the entire time there

Some videos from my last trip.
http://youtu.be/N6xO1Zmy-So
[ame]http://youtu.be/LDXe65TKkfg[/ame]
[ame]http://youtu.be/s08UHqqH4qQ[/ame]

Last edited:
That really depends on the car you choose and the seat you have in it. Most of the cars will have a racing seat meant for a smaller build as it is Japan. A jzx90 or 100 would be a good choice.

My plan was to fly into Narita on the Monday before the matsuri get on the train and head to ebisu. Spend about 5 days there get back on the train and head down to kyoto area for a few days. Try to get a trip up to Mt. Fuji. Then to Fussa stay at Yokota AB and sight see around tokyo. Hit up Shinjuku and Akiba Etc. Then try to get over to Daikoko Futo. Get on a train and head down to Osaka and visit Meihan. Im not sure about the D1 schedule next year but maybe try to hit one up if its around the same time frame.

The Spring Matsuri's are generally held on either the last weekend of April or the First weekend of May.

I was there a few months ago. Ebisu is the only track that allows you to drive without an international license or something like that right?

Yea I was trying to go another track and they needed an international license, uber gay. I will be in Brasil 2014 for the World Cup! Def worth going to Japan and drifting there is just another plus.

Yeah, international licenses aren't hard to get. No reason not to have one really. Still kinda gay that they wanted them so you could drive on a track though.

I want to figure out a way to drive at Meihan but its not like they have a company like PV down there that sells/rents cars.

Found a company that rents cars to drift around the Osaka area (So Meihan Bihoku suzuka Twin) Its called K tours and I need to send them an email and ask them how much it will cost for 1 day as they have the prices listed as part of the tour.

What about 2013 Autumn Matsuri?

Next time I go to japan, I'd really like to actually climb Fuji from the 5th station, and do the traditional Sunrise watching from the summit. Official climbing season is July-Aug, and lots of people climb in September.

Climbing it in the Spring is likely to get you killed.

^ I want to have more time to save up. I have drove in a Summer and Autumn Matsuri . I want to complete the collection and do a spring matsuri. Plus around that time I sould be on terminal leave because I will be getting out of the airforce.

I'm down for any of the matsuris in 2013. I've always wanted to go just not alone. Whenever this happens I'm in. Money is already in the savings account just lmk.

Me and Guille have spoken about this before numerous times. Since there's enough time to save up, you can definetly count me in.

Plus I'm a photographer and will be documenting everything.....while I'm not driving.

Back
Top Bottom