Underground Racing TT Gallardo crash at Texas Mile

Over this past weekend was the Texas Mile. No records were broken but a serious crash occured. This is the Underground Racing twin turbo gallardo superleggera. It was making 1900+ whp. In march they hit 250mph. This was their first full run of the weekend. They hit 235mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
At first I was like it's not that bad then... HOLY FAWK! But the car is built for impact I'm guessing for the man to survive that.

Chute definitely caused him to go off. Seems the chute put to much instant drag on the car causing it to probably go light giving the driver no control over the car for a few seconds, and at that speed thats all it takes a few seconds.

this happens if you let of the gas when opening the chute.. you're supposed to stay in the gas for a little till the chute is fully deployed

im assuming this is to keep the car straight using forward force till the chute centers... i think, but yeah, drag racing>drifting

I agree with Vas. He should have opened the chute 100 feet before the finish . I you watch the pro drag racers (NHRA and what not) they rip the chute lever way ahead of the finish line. It also looked as if he got on the brakes a little before the chute was 100% effective, shifting the weight forward very quickly. There are a few variables to that accident for sure.

Back
Top Bottom