turbo noob, internal wastegate block off?

repentharlequin

otaku
Driver
hey, i'm putting together a turbo kit for my na 2j, and i got a great deal on this turbo, it's a garrett gt3576 and it's off a big diesel or some shit, but it's twin scroll t4, with an antisurge compressor flange, and people have had success with them on 2j's.
turbo.jpg

but this one has an internal wastegate, and i planned on running true twinscroll with two external wastegates. do i bother getting a different exhaust housing, or should i just fab up a block off plate? will a block of plate work well with the twinscroll housing, or just cause tons of turbulence? i'm going to ask this question on supraforums, but everyone on there seems to be trying to sell something, i thought maybe some drift mentality could get me where i want to go. lmk your opinion.

It seems like running a twinscroll manifold and then blocking off the wastegate flanges is counterproductive.and running a internal wastgate leaves me less options for tuning boost levels. I'm getting such a good deal on this turbo that I don't have a problem with paying to do it right. I know they make flanges but have never seen them used on a twinscroll design, if I remove all the internal shit, then there will be a large area where I think turbulence will occur, so I think I'll need to weld the valve closed, and then put on a block plate too?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Sorry genesat and big mike, I'm at work on my phone, typed that before I read whhat you said.

Back
Top Bottom