Tune up question.. help!

1bAdZ

What would be the best spark plugs (including gap), spark plug wires and oil to use for a 1993 nissan 240sx (stock ka24de)? Thanks!

i think i can answer this... i got a stock KA also. i put in w10-30. it was runnin alright but then it got to a point where i felt the motor like if it was goin to blow lol i recently put it w20-50 and the car runs fine and motor sounds nice a quiet. so put w20-50. as for spark plugs i put ngk. and i got some random spark plug wires from advanced auto lol

OEM equipment usually is the highest quality that lasts the longest <text book answer. Stock engine though, new wires from discount will do fine.

NGK bkr5e (stock spark plugs) gapped at .044" is what the fsm says.

oh god. how do i find out what gap mine are??

Any auto parts store has spark plug ramp gauges. It is a progressive ramp that runs from .020" to i think .100". You slide that in between the insulator and the electrode on your spark plug to determine the space in between, the spark gap. Spark plugs that are bought from the auto parts store for your car are pre gapped to the spec.

does the gap depend on what kind of car its for?

yes, different spark plugs have different heat ranges lengths diameters and all kinds of other fun stuff. Gap is determined by combustion chamber design, the type of coil and how much power the engine makes.

Last edited:
Any auto parts store has spark plug ramp gauges. It is a progressive ramp that runs from .020" to i think .100". You slide that in between the insulator and the electrode on your spark plug to determine the space in between, the spark gap. Spark plugs that are bought from the auto parts store for your car are pre gapped to the spec.

yes, different spark plugs have different heat ranges lengths diameters and all kinds of other fun stuff. Gap is determined by combustion chamber design, the type of coil and how much power the engine makes.

what he said.

a lot of cars will tell u the spark plug gap on a lil' sticker under the hood. that, of course, is for stock cars. it might tell u in the manual also. after that, it all depends on your setup.

yeah i looked on the hood and i remembered that im dual cam not single lol. but i looked it up online. Then i remembered that the spark plugs come pregapped so yeah...i basically fail on my own:bigthumbu

Back
Top Bottom