Travis Barker And DJ AM Critically Injured After Fatal Plane Crash

nathalie

Spectator
djamtravisbarkerplanecrash1.jpg

Travis Barker and DJ AM were critically injured after a small Learjet crashed during takeoff in Columbia, South Carolina. 3 men and 1 women were killed. Officials confirmed to NBC that two crew members and two passengers were killed.

Travis was taken by ambulance to a burn center in August, CA. DJ AM was airlifted to the same burn center. They are both in critical condition.

Last night, Travis and DJ AM performed with Perry Farrell and Gavin DeGraw.

A spokesperson for the FAA said the Lear 60 was bound for Van Nuys, CA before midnight on Friday with six people on it. Air-traffic controllers reported seeing sparks. They said the plane went off the runway and crashed on a nearby road.

UPDATE: Perry Farrell's manager confirmed to MTV News that Perry was not on the plane.

UPDATE II: Gavin DeGraw's publicist confirmed to People that Gavin was not on the plane. MSNBC reports that the female pilot, Sarah Lemmon, and the male co-pilot, James Bland, died in the crash.

UPDATE III: - MSNBC confirmed that 29-year-old Chris Baker of Studio City, CA was one of the passengers who died in the crash. Chris, who is known as "Little Chris," was Travis' assistant. One male passenger still hasn't been identified.

UPDATE IV: A witness who was driving down the highway saw two men, presumably Travis and DJ AM, taking off their clothes and trying to extinguish themselves. The two men told the witness that four other people were on the plane.

UPDATE V: 25-year-old Charles Still of Riverside, CA has been identified as the fourth victim of the crash. Charles was Travis' bodyguard.

UPDATE VI: TMZ reports that DJ AM's face has been severely burned and is being treated right now. Travis is expected to survive, but was burned from the waist down. Chris Baker, Travis' assistant who died in the crash, was a newlywed and his wife recently had a baby.

UPDATE VII: The National Transportation Safety Board held a press conference and gave a few more details about the crash. They said the jet overran the runway, hit a few lights and an antenna, crashed through a fence and careened across the highway next to the airport. The jet crashed into an embankment where it caught on fire.

-From Dlisted.com
hsource & on going updates

Last edited:
Thats horrible...Travis Barker has always been one of my fav musicians. Best wishes and prayers go out to everyone effected by this.

The thought of being severely burned in the face is terrifying.

Condolences for the deceased and i wish Travis and DJ AM the best of luck.

Thanks for the news. Travis is one of my favorite drummers, and a really great person. He cares a lot about his family and friends, which I respect a lot. I wish him the best :(.

Do not know DJ AM, but I also wish him and everyone else involved the best of luck through recovery and the aftermath.

RIP to those who died.

so tragic. they will have a long road of recovery ahead of them. best wishes to them & my condolences to those who lost someone in the plane crash =(

suckies,
it would suck to lose such a great percussionist.
but hey at least we will always have his work to remember him by.

its really sad to see this, especially since travis assistant little chris was just married and had a baby, best of luck to them and getting better

if you go through youtube, and see all the vids travis is in, like the crank dat one he did on the drums, everyone is leaving "get well soon" comments.

yea his crank dat version is the only one ill will ever listen too. i makes me forget about the dumb ass who's it FAILja boy. best wishes to everyone on their road to recovery

Wow. This is terrible. I always liked Travis Barker's style of drumming. It was amazing how much he can do with so little on a drum set. I hope he turns out fine.

he has 3rd degree burns on half his body and dj am has really bad burns on his face

i have a 3rd degree burn with a skin graph on my back...its not fun nor is it pretty. i can only imagine what his body looks like if this is my back..

3rddegreeburnly6.jpg

hope for a smooth recovery...

Update!

Dr. Fred Mullins of the Augusta, GA's Joseph Still Burn Center held a press conference this morning to give an update on Travis Barker and DJ AM's injuries from Friday's plane crash that killed 4 people.

Dr. Fred said the two are expected to make a "full recovery" . He said they both suffered second and third degrees burns. He added that it can take up to a year to recover from such burns but the two didn't suffer any other type of injuries. He went on to say that Travis was burned on his torso. DJ was burned on his hands and part of his head. Dr. Fred would not say what percentage of their bodies were burned or if they were conscious. He also said they should be able to return to performing once they have recovered.

Given the circumstances, this is good news.

During the press conference, Dr. Fred read a statement from the families:

“The families wish to thank fans from all over the world for their prayers and concern. Deepest sympathy is expressed to the loved ones of those who perished in the crash. As the two recuperate and mourn this loss, privacy for them, their families and friends is requested at this time.”

Back
Top Bottom