tps or camsaft position sensor help!

i have codes 43 and 11 throttle position sensor and camshaft position sensor. my car is sputtering on full throttle.lmk if you can help

ive changed out a few tps and still does it so im guessing camshaft position sensor but i believe its in the distributor...idk i tried check per fsm but my values are all off..

lmk any ideas

i have codes 43 and 11 throttle position sensor and camshaft position sensor. my car is sputtering on full throttle.lmk if you can help

ive changed out a few tps and still does it so im guessing camshaft position sensor but i believe its in the distributor...idk i tried check per fsm but my values are all off..

lmk any ideas

first of all there is no cam position sensor for the ka since there is no vvti or cam timing advance/retard mechanism. Code 11 stands for crank shaft position sensor which is in the dizzy. Code 11 is set when input from cylinder 1 is not seen for first few seconds of cranking or if not seen enough when at a specified rpm. Nissan recommends inspecting the harness and connector first and then replacing the ckps if no issue was found in the harness. Code 43 is set when an abnormally high/low voltage is sent to the computer. Nissan recommends inspect harness, connector, and tps. Now you say you have replaced the tps a numerous of times so im betting that on the tps code either you have it maladjusted or there is an issue with harness/connector. As far as the ckps code, I have heard of the oil seals on the dizzy going bad and leaking oil into the ckps. You may want to pop of the cap and rotor and inspect for oil residue on the ckps assembly. If you do find any, replace the dizzy, if not inspect the harness/connector. If everything in the harness is good, then replacement of the ckps will be needed, which more the likely means replacing the dizzy

little confused, everywhere i have looked says the opposite that a s13 has a camshaft position sensor in the dizzy but no crankshaft position sensor like a s14 in the bellhousing. but regardless ill take a look at that later today. thanks for the in depth explanation

btw its a 93.

and as far as the throttle position sensor i swapped a working throttle body and tps from my daily driver s14 ( production date 94 which nissan says is compatable) in the s13 and it would do the same thing. which leads me to believe it may be the harness or plug..all values are to spec...ohms and voltage.

MOST importantly if i disconnect the tps and battery for about 5 minutes and reconnect both the car runs good for 5-10 minutes and again starts sputtering and not wanting to revv up on full throttle.

Thanks sooo much.

little confused, everywhere i have looked says the opposite that a s13 has a camshaft position sensor in the dizzy but no crankshaft position sensor like a s14 in the bellhousing. but regardless ill take a look at that later today. thanks for the in depth explanation

btw its a 93.

and as far as the throttle position sensor i swapped a working throttle body and tps from my daily driver s14 ( production date 94 which nissan says is compatable) in the s13 and it would do the same thing. which leads me to believe it may be the harness or plug..all values are to spec...ohms and voltage.

MOST importantly if i disconnect the tps and battery for about 5 minutes and reconnect both the car runs good for 5-10 minutes and again starts sputtering and not wanting to revv up on full throttle.

Thanks sooo much.

look in the fsm and it says crank position sensor.

yeah i saw that^^

i was just going off this thread on zilvia where people say its a type-o and is actually camshaft positoin sensor
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/227081-crankshaft-position-sensor.html

honestly i could care less what its called.

Any1 have a better explanation on how to check the crankshaft/camshaft position sensor in the dizzy? im getting values like 11.8 volts and that seems really off so im not sure if im doing it right...or its really that off

Back
Top Bottom