Toyota SC400

Okami

Hashashiyyin
Driver
I'm actually saving up for this car at the moment, does anyone on this forum own a 1992-1999 Toyota SC400 and know if they are pretty reliable vehicles?
I need to tow my bike to the track but I don't want to buy a SUV... :laugh:

Leo said:
SC400 TT vs NSX :bigthumbu
[yt]cnbEPPjt2BM[/yt]

If you can race your car on a curve like that your shit is slow, both of those cars.

the fiber optics in the gauge cluster like to go out on lexus' of those years, along with the power seats. other then that its good to go. I dont know if the 8 cylinder has engine problems. the 6 dose not have any.

240SicknessX said:
If you can race your car on a curve like that your shit is slow, both of those cars.

the fiber optics in the gauge cluster like to go out on lexus' of those years, along with the power seats. other then that its good to go. I dont know if the 8 cylinder has engine problems. the 6 dose not have any.

cool thanks, i think your the only one that realizes i wont be modding this car :)
I dont care if it's fast, I just need a confortable medium sized coupe thats stylish and reliable but im not driving around a honda civic or suv.

drftnR14 said:
throw a supercharge on it! thats all!fail!

No way. The 1UZ is bad ass. People in the know, know. Problem is that its not cheap/easy to make them manual.

Leo said:
SC400 TT vs NSX :bigthumbu
[yt]cnbEPPjt2BM[/yt]

its funny how people post stuff to help there side of angurement but does any one eles see it clearly say sc300TT not sc400TT see i still win! sc300>sc400 all day baby!

vh45de WAY OVER the 1uz-fe, Now when you just drive around town the 1uz over the 2jz, why, the difference is only I think 20 hp but the torqe is where its at in low rpms, same for the GS400 and LS400, for daily driving you just cant beat low end torqe.

now if you want to hall ass 2jz by all means, easier to work with, and can be found manual already.

The 1uz is very reliable, only real problem area is the O2 sensors which still arnt bad but come on its a toyota the only build reliable cars.

what yeah mean problem with o2 sensors? like they get stuck? because when i was a tech a toyota i never even tried to remove them i would just sell the whole exhaust section and a new o2 wasnt worth my time!

^man wtf thats called being a lazy ass tech and fucking people over, cause toyotas exhaust pipes are hella expensive and way mroe if it has a cat.....you sir are the kinda of techs i hate because all you care about is making money, you have to draw the line somewhere. replacing an o2 sensors is easy as pie and on some newer toyotas they have the two bolt flange its WAY easier... the only ones that get stuck and you really have to replace the exhaust manifold are the 2az-FE equiped camrys weird the new xb and tc dont have the problems.

BTW i have been working at toyota for over two years now.

i guess im happy for u then!!!! then i guess u xcan hate me then!! i guess i just make more money then u! and if u knew u would see that its a common problem on toyota with the screw in sensor!! but hey i cant blame u for not know your cars!! and your gonna tell me next toyota motors barely ever slug up either!!! right!!

^ the screw in sensors fuck up on 2AZ-FE equipped motors ONLY very rarely do they on any other vehicles. tsb on the carmys to replace the whole manifold.

sludge yes very much so, 5S-FE and (1-3)MZ-FE motors anything else is all the owners fault IMO.
the new 2GR-FE is having bank 1 valve cover gasket problems also with them leaking slightly, but ig uess you repalce the whoel valve cover with it also fucking dick.

I really cant belive you are happy that your screwing customers over? and luaghing about it behind there backs, this is the exact same reason why I wanted to learn on my own vehicle cause its fuckers like you that rape people for no reason.

where the fuck do you work at now? i hope GM or Ford, fuckin douche bag.

S13 Slide said:
^ the screw in sensors fuck up on 2AZ-FE equipped motors ONLY very rarely do they on any other vehicles. tsb on the carmys to replace the whole manifold.

sludge yes very much so, 5S-FE and (1-3)MZ-FE motors anything else is all the owners fault IMO.
the new 2GR-FE is having bank 1 valve cover gasket problems also with them leaking slightly, but ig uess you repalce the whoel valve cover with it also fucking dick.

I really cant belive you are happy that your screwing customers over? and luaghing about it behind there backs, this is the exact same reason why I wanted to learn on my own vehicle cause its fuckers like you that rape people for no reason.

where the fuck do you work at now? i hope GM or Ford, fuckin douche bag.

Yeah we arn't even that bad at Mercedes and we have rich fuckers to screw over

i work at nissan fucker! and hey im over here making money putting food on the table for my 4 month old, im not screwing over anyone! im a great tech. i just work around problems before they arrive! why sell a customer an o2 sensor if u know theres a chance its might be stuck and then try to take it out to find it to bestuck, and then tell the customer ,uh! yeah u need to buy a $400 manifold too! but hey, i guess your the judge of whoses a good tech or not! thats why nissan asked me to work for them, and toyota asks me once a week to come back to them! but hey---never mind---fuck you!!!!

^ damn same thing happened to me, i worked for toyota for 1.5 years left to work for nissan while the whole time toyota asked me to come back.....I went back, hands down toyota is the best place to work for around here at least. but i mean customers have to feed there children also.

here is what i do, instead of just getting a 400 dollar or so pipe plus 2 or so hours or labor, which there NOT the ones that get stuck its the 2az-fe manifolds, the service advisor lets the customer know the o2 sensor is fucked you MAY need to get a pipe also, this way you at least give the customer a chance to save SOME money.

I mean yea you make "tons" of money but you dont get a guilty feeling after you are leaving work to go home?

Back
Top Bottom