Toyota Returning to WRC in 2017

Captain Ben

Hypermiler
Staff member

Toyota is coming back to WRC with a brand new car and team after leaving the sport over 10 years ago. Before their departure they won championships with their Celica GT-Four WRC car and it's successor the Corolla WRC car, both of which were powered by the 2.0L 3S-GTE engine. This time they're putting together a car based on the Yaris and using a new 1.6L engine to power it. Not much else is known about the car as the team continues to test the vehicle in various environments, preparing it for it's competitive debut in 2017.

Yes it's a drifting forum but with an Off-Topic section. Meaning it's ok if you wanted to make a post about pirates and ninjas dancing along to Taylor Swift's "Shake it off". We all have interests aside from drifting and from time to time we like to post about those interests on here. I can't speak for everyone but I post these items just to see what people on here think about it.

Regarding Diego Santos, I wouldn't expect anything less from him. It will be interesting to see how the car performs in the series and what strategies the other drivers come up with to compete against him. For me it's going to be weird seeing him driving something that's not 2JZ powered, but I'll still be rooting for him.

Regarding Andy Gray, I wish him luck. Don't know what else to say until I see him in action when the season starts.

Back
Top Bottom