Toyota GT86 offered in stripped down RC flavor... in Japan

In the US It's called special order. Anything assembled here or in Mexico can be special ordered. Meaning say you don't want Ac or a radio or any bumpers. That can all be acquired.

Btw American built cars aren't really made in America, its all in Mexico.
also imports.

Mexico is considered part of North America that is why cars built in canada or mexico can have a 1 or 3 at the beginning of there vin # just like cars built in the US

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Even though some aspects of your statements aren't completely false, I think you should read this article:

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&subject=ami&story=amMade0611

Why do you always have something useful & insightful to say why can't you ever be a retard like the rest of us ? :gayfight::gayfight:

Even though some aspects of your statements aren't completely false, I think you should read this article:

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&subject=ami&story=amMade0611

:bigthumbu
That actually was a good read. Thanks for the research I never really had a reason to. After reading that it doesn't change my viewpoint. In fact it backs me up.

I think I said, everything is now being made in Mexico. American cars aren't American anymore, even imports are made in Mexico.

And the article provides "proof" :

That trend could continue. In the 2010 model year, the country's top 20 best-sellers averaged a domestic parts content rating of 62 percent. For the 2011 model year, the top 20 averaged 55 percent. Forthcoming models liketheredesigned 2012 Ford Focus — a poster car for Ford's global One Ford strategy— havea domestic parts content rating of just 40 percent.

That's decreasing more and more, meaning Mexico is increasing its percentages.

Why you ask?
I'll go to the article again :

In 2010, Canadian autoworkers averaged $38.77 an hour in U.S. dollars, including benefits. TheirU.S. counterparts averaged $33.46. Mexican autoworkers, in contrast, made just $3.75 an hour, IHS Automotive found.

So I guess there are "american" cars that are made with "75% assembly in America" even by using imported parts. And there are "imports" that are made mostly in their respected country. But the idea is everything is decreasing and moving to it all being Mexican cars. LOL

:bigthumbu
That actually was a good read. Thanks for the research I never really had a reason to. After reading that it doesn't change my viewpoint.

It wasn't meant to change your viewpoint, it was mostly meant to prove that some of your statements are false such as:

i think my point was everything is now made in mexico

Btw American built cars aren't really made in America, its all in Mexico.
also imports.

And I should highlight how the following statement contradicts your previous statements:

There's 5 that are 100% made in Japan.
Juke cube murano Gtr 370

If everything is being made in Mexico like you said, the GT-R would also be made in Mexico but that is not the case.

Look I understand the message you're trying to get across but for some reason you're not wording it correctly or you're purposely making it seem much worse than it is by implying that every car will be "Made in Mexico". That is not happening and will probably never happen as it won't make financial sense for most car companies. But I imagine cars like the Nissan Versa and Ford Fiesta are built in Mexico in order to extract some sort of profit considering the low MSRP they're set at.

Not all cars are built in the USA including the ones from Ford, Chrysler, & GM, and not all cars are made in Mexico. What you have is a tossed salad of parts and components ranging from various areas of the world that ultimately builds the car you want to buy new today. The only indicator of this is the window sticker you see in every car found in the dealer lot. How this determines your buying decision is up to you, but saying every car is made in Mexico and trying to imply that ultimately every car will be made in Mexico is just false.

I think I said, everything is now being made in Mexico. American cars aren't American anymore, even imports are made in Mexico.

And the article provides "proof" :

That trend could continue. In the 2010 model year, the country's top 20 best-sellers averaged a domestic parts content rating of 62 percent. For the 2011 model year, the top 20 averaged 55 percent. Forthcoming models liketheredesigned 2012 Ford Focus — a poster car for Ford's global One Ford strategy— havea domestic parts content rating of just 40 percent.

That's decreasing more and more, meaning Mexico is increasing its percentages.

That's not necessarily true and could possibly never end up being true. Mexico's percentage could stay the same while other countries gain. The article does not specify which country stands to gain from the trend or what country are all the manufacturers flocking to nor does it give any projections.

Why you ask?
I'll go to the article again :

In 2010, Canadian autoworkers averaged $38.77 an hour in U.S. dollars, including benefits. TheirU.S. counterparts averaged $33.46. Mexican autoworkers, in contrast, made just $3.75 an hour, IHS Automotive found.

You're taking that part of the article out of context. They were mentioning possible reasons why Detroit automakers were choosing to import. Not all manufacturers, just the ones from Detroit.

So I guess there are "american" cars that are made with "75% assembly in America" even by using imported parts. And there are "imports" that are made mostly in their respected country. But the idea is everything is decreasing and moving to it all being Mexican cars. LOL

attachment.php

Attachments

• picard-facepalm.jpg
    picard-facepalm.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
ok i understand. and yes "everything" was exaggerated when i said everything is now being made in mexico.
but my percentages were not. those were the ones ive seen with my own eyes on stickers in dealer lots.

btw, i just chimmed in to alert others that this is happening because it was a major eye opener for me. maybe i was just ignorant of it before tho.

regardless i bought my first car and its a ford and its made in mexico and im fairly happy with it so far :bigthumbu

Lol why would you buy a ford ...I don't think I'll ever buy another car manufactured after the year 2000 or any year ford and/or Honda . I'll stick to nissan or Chevy >'00

Chevy.... The American car company that needed to be bailed out....then scammed the PR saying they paid it off early but really they just took out another loan to pay off said bailout..... Yea that's a company i want to invest in.

My reasons to buying a Ford? I really wanted the Nissan versa for some odd reason but the two dealerships I went to the salesmen were wayyyyyy sketch. Like I was buying a used car.

Went to ford, great fuckin service, and 30-40 mpg sounds really good to me. The fact that they refused the bailout was not a contributing factor but it was nice to here.

Edit: since you guys love extra reading and over the last week have been questioning my statements

I usually go with a better source but I liked the wording on this
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/04/23/did-general-motors-really-repay-taxpayer-bailout/

Last edited:
Chevy.... The American car company that needed to be bailed out....then scammed the PR saying they paid it off early but really they just took out another loan to pay off said bailout..... Yea that's a company i want to invest in.

My reasons to buying a Ford? I really wanted the Nissan versa for some odd reason but the two dealerships I went to the salesmen were wayyyyyy sketch. Like I was buying a used car.

Went to ford, great fuckin service, and 30-40 mpg sounds really good to me. The fact that they refused the bailout was not a contributing factor but it was nice to here.

Read my comment again . Cars before the year 2000 no payments paid off not have to deal with the dealer . Reliable car .vs ford that brakes down all the time catch fire and are a pos ( IMO ) roller blades > ford

Oh. In that case yes I agree. I never would have thought I'd buy an American car let alone a brand new 2012. But i needed that warranty to last me a while until school is settled. And ford had the deal.

That for work. The vert for weekends. Gsxr for fun. That's the plan.

you completely switched your statements.

And I don't think that means what you think it means.

> means greater than.

Year 0 thru 1999 before 2000 after 2001 present
Year 0 thru 1999 < 2000
2001 thru present > 2000

And I'm the drunken one.....

Yea whatever you know what I mean . Everyone has there opinion in warranty . I rather fix my car on the spot then wait for the dealer to fix it and have to wait . I had a 2004 Kia and coming out the dealer the alternator went . Then every few months I ended up having to replace it . When I had a 94 maxima with 3 tvs playstation and 4 12's Never had to replace anything on it

And I you read a few words before the second quote it says I'll never buy any car after 2000.

Maybe you should stop drinking its getting to you already

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Well aren't you an ignorant fellow.

It's not ignorance its opinion

Last edited:
Yea whatever you know what I mean . Everyone has there opinion in warranty . I rather fix my car on the spot then wait for the dealer to fix it and have to wait . I had a 2004 Kia and coming out the dealer the alternator went . Then every few months I ended up having to replace it . When I had a 94 maxima with 3 tvs playstation and 4 12's Never had to replace anything on it

And I you read a few words before the second quote it says I'll never buy any car after 2000.

Maybe you should stop drinking its getting to you already

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

It's not ignorance its opinion

Yeah well your opinions are smelly & dumb like your face. :gayfight:

Seriously though you would not buy a new WRX STi or an FR-S ? :confused:

i was thinking of getting a 2013 nissan sentra se-r spec v... what do you guys think?? baller status????

Back
Top Bottom