top tranny bolt removal

why wouldnt u put loctite?
ooo check on the impact gun if it has a dial with numbers, thats a valve that adjust how much air goes thru the gun, make sure its all the way open but dont overlap back to 1

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help. Here's what happened : I heated the bolts with the propane torch for like a minute, went up to 140psi, hit it with the impact gun and a brand new 19mm impact socket and....

nothing.

Wtf? :confused: I thought these bolts were gonna be cake, specially after dealing with the top one on the tranny. The how to on nico even says you can remove them with just a wrench and a hammer! Ive set up the valve on the impact gun to its max number and still cant get them off.

Any more ideas? Or do I go rambo on this bitch and just buy a heavy duty impact gun? Problem is the only money I had left was gonna go to a 3 ton jack so I dont have to use my puny 2 ton trolley to put the tranny it back on :(

And thanks for the info on the shop but Im down in Miami. I found this place called Medley Machine Shop on google and was thinking of going there...

Used a socket wrench attached to a another wrench probably a 20mm... thats what i always use and they always come out pretty fast n easy. and thats without heating them up. where do you stay at i wouldn't mind helping you out if you need it.

Thanks man I appreciate the input. I live in Doral, 5 mins away from dolphin mall. I could use some help for sure, but I'm gonna rent a heavier duty impact gun tomorrow and hopefully it'll be enough to get the bastards off. If not then Im out of ideas lol.

Fuck I just realized the only impact gun they rent consumes 26cfm @ 90 psi :eek:....aint now way I can run that.

Any ideas???? I don't want to have to pack up everything and tow the car to a shop just because of the flywheel bolts

Last edited:
put ratchet with socket on bolt, if ratchet is short find a pipe to add leverage, support the socket on the bolt head with one hand and wack the shit outta the ent of the ratchet simulating what the impact is doing only more effective, i suggest u wear gloves

Thanks for all your help ronchmeister.

Well that was the first thing I tried, but the flywheel will just spin. I thought about trying to jam something in there to keep it from turning and then trying the breaker bar method but I don't wanna ruin anything or risk rounding off the bolts, which is why I went with the impact gun.

I left the bolts soaked in PBblaster over night and just had another go at it. I hit the bolts with a hammer and then put the impact gun on them. I managed to get ONE out but the others are still impossible to remove. Tried for 30 more minutes and nothing.

Im heading out to harbor freight to pick up a better impact gun and pray that makes the trick....

I know that right now the shops I contacted for the price on a clutch swap are laughing....but I shall prevail

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drove 30 mins to harbor freight, bought a better gun, drove 30 mins back home. Fired the compressor up, 1 minute later the bolts were off :D Also bought a big ass breaker bar and a metal pipe in case the gun didnt work but luckily I didnt have to use them

Seriously thanks for all your help...this shit was driving me mad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom