Top Gear USA

japan101

Well tonight is the debut of the show on History Channel and I have to say that it is painfully irritating with all the commercials and commentary. I am still watching though because it is better than most stuff on speed channel.

british top gear > american top gear

that... i watch BBC top gear religiously, and the american version is no comparison...

camera work and edited are EPIC in recent years of BBC version... US version looks like it was shot by someone here on SFLD with a point and shoot being held in thier hands...

bland commentary from foust is meh, he know's his shit and can drive, but he doesn't have "IT" ya know?

fat guy is cool though...

remember, this show is in it's infancy, if you go back and look at some of BBC's first episodes, it was kind of the same... and for like the first what? two seasons that had "that other guy" before they got James May..

the chemistry between Clarkson, Hammond, and May, with the EPIC filming and editing in the BBC version has set the bar REALLY high, that's the reason the show is so popular...

unfortunatly, US version doesnt seem to have good filming, editing, or host chemistry...

and what the fuck? "big star in a small car"? jesus... it's the same show, keep the same names for shit, IT WORKS....

end rant... i was just really disappointed, been waiting on this a while, and it let me down... but i'll still watch....

tanner foust makes more money than any of y'all will dream doing what y'all love.

so of course you guys hate him out of jealousy.

such a nice bro, and deffinatley one of the best drivers.
Kyle Rutledge(or however the fuck you spell his last name) does alot of nascar shows and is funny as fuck.
The other guy....not a fan.

this will be a cool season, and the next show looks to be basically allll about Tanner drifting.

I think Tanner is a good guy and I have no hate towards him or anyone else on the show but I do think Adam Corolla would be a better choice because there needs to be someone with some height in the trio. Seriously they are all almost the same in height.

It seriously needs to be taken care of, I mean if Jeremy Clarkson is the Wookie and James is the Stormtrooper than Hammond is an Ewok.

bearcat your still gay.....

but honestly i thought it was a good show, not near what the uk version is like but its the first one. im sure after all the bugs are fixed and all the guys get comfortable and they get thier mojos in order itll be a cooler show.

tanner foust's 200k drift lambo was awsome lol

most of them show was meh. The lambo segment was the when it really seemed like it was a Top Gear. I hope it sticks around and we have a UK vs USA Top gear race or challenge

The UK and US versions are exactly the same in the sense that they are both writen and probuced by the same, exact company. The problem with the US version is that the commentators are bland. True the first few seasons of Top Gear in it's infancy was rough because the show was more about getting you a deal on a car which was fat boys job. They went a deffrent direction and it worked. They stopped with the stupid car buying tips and got to all the epic challenges. Top Gear US is a copy of proven success. Tanner is a great driver but he's not a presenter. Even the way they present the Sting was pure fail... If you're going to bring every single thing that Top Gear has in the UK to the US version then the presenters should present him that same way as well. That lil guy was pretty funny in the Lambo, "like being aroused at gunpoint" was funny, the fat guy was ok at best. I just don't get that same kind of swagger that I got from Richard and Jeremy when Top gear season one re-aired... Also remember a big part of the reason Top Gear is cool in the first place is everyone for the most part, expects British people to be all proper and shit, when the presenters are clearly not... well... exept for James May ofcourse.

All and all this show should stick around for a while, seeing how it's made by the exact same company as the UK version is, but will never be anything near what the UK version is. Symply because the presentors are no where near Clarkson, May and Hammonds level.

One thing that was a total dissapointment was the 2 snake fight. That thing was ghey as hell. They were on close roads and were taking it easy. It looked like they were on a Sunday, relaxing drive, no where near the "fight for their lives" it was supposed to be... The only time Tanner actually drove was at the airport. It was a cool concept but Jeremy would have killed that Viper on public roads as well.

/Rant

I thought tanner was fine but the other two guys were complete herbs. It could be directors faults or the writers' faults though.

Back
Top Bottom