Top Gear USA Drifting

the third episode was pretty funny, I enjoyed it. the show still has a long way to go to catch up to the original but for the 3rd show I think they are making good progress.

Tanner's cool bro, awesome driver and all that, would love to be him...

all anyone's saying is that he's more suited to hosting shows like "supercars exposed", as he tends to use more of a straight edge type of narration...

i think if he was like the fat dude, and just relaxed, and became just a dude in a car, he would do a lot better... he'd prob just used to the scripting of a more serious show like "SE"...

still gonna watch every episode, thank god for DVR though, cause i watch The Walking Dead at 10, then i watch the recorded TGUS afterwards +1 for no commercials...

as for the drifting segment, i was anticipating something more bad ass (tanners doughnut intro was cool...)... instead of a couple dudes spinning out on a skid pad... although the blind guy flipping a bitch was pretty bad ass...

it represent drifting for shit though, like box said, now everyone who does a doughnut is gonna be a mad tyte drifter, and like his story, i get a lot of rednecks around here talking about thier drifting and how they've been doing it for years on the dirt back roads in thier jacked up trucks...

Sadly "The Walking Dead" is done until next year. Only 6 episodes and the season is over which sucks. I like that show alot, it's almost as good as "Trueblood". I can't wait for "Breaking Bad" to start again. Tanner is a great driver and maybe even a great person IRL but he's not a good host. I guess I hold him in comparison with the UK guy's in which case all 3 of these guy's are scrubs. It just seems fake to me the way they react in their car reviews. It feels like they're reading a script as they review. I dunno, I just don't feel it when I watch it. As I said from the start Top Gear is all about the Carisma the hosts have and none of these 3 guy's have enough Carisma for me to pull for them to keep hosting the show. I also hate how the lil'guy always starts the show saying "on this show no one is going to marry a millionare" blah blah blah. That was cute the first show but has gotten annoying after 3 episodes.

Top Gear USA wudnt suck as much if they didnt try to make is so much like BBC Top Gear. Instead of creating something of their own they just bite the brits.. shame..

..and Taner is a great driver, the only problem is that he thinks he IS the team and thats what makes him a douche..

Has any one else noticed that the challanges on TG USA are the same as TG UK just with different cars? And cheeseier lines . That being said it still beats the living shit out of any other car show produced in the US.

if you've watched any episodes of TopGear UK then you can tell theres a big difference. Top Gear just isnt Top Gear without Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond...Trifecta

Has any one else noticed that the challanges on TG USA are the same as TG UK just with different cars? And cheeseier lines . That being said it still beats the living shit out of any other car show produced in the US.

Yep, I noticed it... but remember these are the same producers of Top Gear UK. If they were to use the new stuff on the US version it would make the UK version look bad and the UK version has over 500 Million viewers around the world while the US version is no where near those numbers. I think season 16 ep 3 airs in the UK tomorrow night, can't wait for that.

Back
Top Bottom