TOE OUT OR IN ??

Doriftoj

Driver
Whats up guys, so im messing with my toe in/out and seeing how the steering feels and trying different stuff. anyhoo just curious to see what some other people are running up front as far as toe in/out.

right now, toe out id say about +2 deg up front. feels different but not bad

positive is actually toe in
lol i get them confused :bigthumbu thanks though

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

yea, i saw both those sites, im still curious to what other people are running :confused:

Front toe will depend wholey on how much grip you will need, as will the tire size and spec of tire you will use as well as just how much oversteer you will produce and the effect this has on the handling of the car and the ability to be able to control it, or at least for it to be more compliant.

I run a whole bunch of toe out in the front, and WAY too much toe in, in the back.

My car is like super scary to drive really fast in a straight line.

^ bearcat I notice a bunch of positive camber in the rear of your car .Did you set it up that way? Or did I just see it weird?

Yeah, Its positive at static. When it squats, it zeros out.

have you measured it.? and when i drive it seems to have really good like how do i explain umm like fast response, i think the car will flick easier on entry.. idk i wanna try it next skidpad. but i think i like it :driving:

Thanks for everyone's input :bigthumbu

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I run a whole bunch of toe out in the front, and WAY too much toe in, in the back.

My car is like super scary to drive really fast in a straight line.

does it seem like you have no steering 80+ ? :chair: :laugh: :bigthumbu

Like when I went to the drag strip, I almost wrecked my car when I let off at the top end cause it was like so out of control. Feels amazing in drift and has SOOO much forward bite it isnt even funny.

I havnt actually measured camber under load, but my tires wear all the way even, so Im assuming thats good. haha.

Like when I went to the drag strip, I almost wrecked my car when I let off at the top end cause it was like so out of control. Feels amazing in drift and has SOOO much forward bite it isnt even funny.

I havnt actually measured camber under load, but my tires wear all the way even, so Im assuming thats good. haha.

I'm still trying to figure out what this forwar bite thing is. Its hard for to read shit sometimes and understand it. I work a lot better seeing and feeling it.

Is it the ability of the car to accelerate in drift? Does it mean the car has better front traction than rear traction? If you can explain better than most please tell lol.

I'm still trying to figure out what this forwar bite thing is. Its hard for to read shit sometimes and understand it. I work a lot better seeing and feeling it.

Is it the ability of the car to accelerate in drift? Does it mean the car has better front traction than rear traction? If you can explain better than most please tell lol.

It just means that the car accelerates quickly mid drift because of the amount of grip the rear tires have. Rear grip = forward bite. It accelerates forward.

race car spec, toe out front, toe in rear, + camber rear.

remember this shit will eat your tires on daily street circumstances. why its hard for most of us to get tags when buying million dollar tires and burning em up driving to the grocery store.

I would just start out with a little bit of toe out in the front just to get some quicker steering. REAR Toe in / + camber really comes in when your looking for grip. toe in is cool cause it teaches you stay in throttle which is good because no lift to drift and you want a smoke machine and if you lift off with toe in it straightens you out. + camber just gives you al around more grip because its actually using the whole tire instead of part of it. Tire pressure, type of tires you use, HP/TQ v8/turbo it's all called dailing your car in, everyones different. just gotta drive test n tune.

I think.

It's all here...

http://www.sfldrifters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75978&highlight=drifting+103

Back
Top Bottom