To anybody that pre-regitered to the "Gainesville Event"

S13 Slide

Driver
Have any of you guys got back your pre-registration money yet?
I got an e-mail stating that it would be returned to me by the end of LAST WEEK.

This is really making me angry as they cancelled on us at the last minute and now there not following threw with paying us back?

IMO DRIFT FEST are posers and thats all they will ever be, and they are detroying something that was so nice!!! I miss you TER-TECH!!!!!!!!!

yeh i got the e-mail stating that refunds were going to be sent out or start to be sent out at hte end of last week. I recived an e-mail from them today..... but it really didnt say anything, it was a recipt of their records saying that i paid them this much and it had my registration information on it. It didnt say that i was getting my money refunded or that my money was refunded to paypal. just a message showing me their records that they have payment from me for 128.50.

Maybe its in limbo between banks and credit card refunding blah blah i dunno. Ill shoot em an e-mail tomarrow if i dont see it on the credit card tomarrow.

I hate to say it but, what if they waisted the money and have no funds to pay everyo,ne back???? Just thinking outloud, I hope you guys get your money back :)

Wtf man.... they cancelled an event. Yea it sucks but as long as you get your money back you should be good. There has been a ****load of cancelled events in Florida.... because face it.... its Florida.

They arent posers..... Im sure they have their reasons. Its way too easy to assume things.

yeah i havent gotten my money back, I am waiting, i spoke to them the day they cancelled and they are really nice people, lets see if they come through with the refunds.

According to a member on TR, this is something Driftfest does/has done. Hopefully they come through and pay you all back though. Pretty cheesey if they don't. >.<

damn it still no answer back from the, I e-mailed them today, if they dotn pay how in the **** do we get our money back?

Simple. Print a copy of the contract you agreed to when paying, gather as many non-refunded and angry customers as you can, and have a consultation with a lawyer. He'll be able to understand the terms of the contract better and send a letter on legal letter head threatening action if they don't return your money.

Remember, the judicial system was established FOR THE PEOPLE and while the legal system may be difficult to understand, lawyers are there for you. Don't let countless frivolous lawsuits that have made a mockery of the courts in the past deter you from going after what's rightfully yours.

Last edited:
Damn dori you sound like a lawyer ;). yeah guy's do what he said im sure they'll get the money since they don't want bad publisity with something like this. Damn I think they ran out of money, there is no other reason for them not to refund or at least contact you with some kind of info. :(

Haha, I am thinking of going to law school. :) I take my own tickets to court and have helped out friends in the past...the best was when I started citing statute numbers during a trial and the judge had to look them up in his book to confirm what I was saying. People in the court room started clapping when I got the ticked dismissed and acquitted. Although I tried my best to hold it in, I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear at the officer. He was such a prick the night I got pulled over too. Ha!

well if i take it to the courts if i win dont they charge money, for 125 bucks i dont think its that worth it, but i do want my money normal events are around 70 bucks thats almost two events.....i can use it and have some money left over to go to teh OSW july event.

dori dori said:
Haha, I am thinking of going to law school. :) I take my own tickets to court and have helped out friends in the past...the best was when I started citing statute numbers during a trial and the judge had to look them up in his book to confirm what I was saying. People in the court room started clapping when I got the ticked dismissed and acquitted. Although I tried my best to hold it in, I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear at the officer. He was such a prick the night I got pulled over too. Ha!
I hope you do go for it, you sound like you really enjoy it :D Think of it this way.... Way more money for drifting on weekends ;)

S13 Slide said:
well if i take it to the courts if i win dont they charge money, for 125 bucks i dont think its that worth it, but i do want my money normal events are around 70 bucks thats almost two events.....i can use it and have some money left over to go to teh OSW july event.

That's why you have a consultation with a lawyer. Often times you can do this for free but you may have to "shop around" a bit. You think Drift Fest wants a trial? Hell no! People like this tend to just come up with the money once a bit of legal letter head gets sent their way. It's your money though...

Back
Top Bottom