threaded out oil pan

sup homies...

got me a problem on my miata....i bought me a miata and when i went to change the oil i see a HUGE bolt for the oil drain on the oil pan so im like damn...

apparently the previous owner somehow stripped the oil pan and rethreaded it with a size M20:eek: !!! it wouldnt be a problem except it leaks which means i either need to rethread it even bigger or replace oil pan (which im not looking forward to doing)

but ive been told to get a large nut welded on where the drain is and the respective bolt for it and voila what you guys think i should do?...or any other ideas..... i want to get this done today....

finally if i should get the nut welded on the oil pan any of you can do this for me?? or where?

Used to work as the pit monkey @mobil

first - if the thread on the oil pan is not stripped and its just leaking, find an aluminum/copper washer to fit it just tighten down(not too hard or youll strip it for sure) then check for leaks.

its all common stuff + the oil change shop like Jiffy probably did it. Just make sure you dont put one of those crazy universal plug craps, then you'll be really f'ed

miata.......... its an aluminum oil pan.

I can weld on a 3\8ths npt aluminum bung and put a 3\8ths npt plug in it. Pipe threads are tapered and it will not leak. I will have to look at Sebastiens miata first to determine if I will be able to do it while the engine is in the car or not. Pm me for details.

This is the best fix aside from replacing the oil pan, which for some people is not an option. You wont have any problems if I say I can do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom