Thomson McDuffie Airport Drift event, Georgia

doug in nc

Spectator
I'm a little late on posting this up but there is a drift event in Georgia June 18th. Registration is full I believe for the drift side of things but Gymkhana still had a few spots open. Check out the links below for details, Streetwise Drift is the sanctioning body however, Howard Smith is spearheading the event and registration related questions can be directed to him. I can answer any tech questions or you may also check with Howard.

Thomson McDuffie airport drift event
http://240atlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?66674-Airport-Drift-Registration-is-open.

Additional information regarding tech can be found here:
http://240atlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?67049-Airport-Drift-Notes-Required-reading!

Feel free to come spectate or volunteer, help the drift scene continue to grow!!
Hope to see you there,
Doug

For those that weren't able to make it up to this event, it was absolutely insane. We had over 70 drivers registered for the two courses we were using, there was a mobile dyno and a portion of the taxi way was used for drag runs. The drivers got TONS of seat time and the course was fairly nice on tires. There was a good mix of Pro-Am level drivers, some Novice Amateur drivers and a large group of talented Amateur drivers tearing up the course for a solid eight hours.

Streetwise Drift sanctioned the event and worked in tandem with the local scene to pull the entire event off with nothing but smiles and tire smoke all day long. Vance Milton from OMG Drift scored a seat in the OMGDRIFTROFLCOPTER and got some sweet aerial shots as well as some nice shots pacing the Frankendrift car while hauling ass on an ATV. Check out OMGDrift.com for the video, keep tabs on Thomson Drift Events on Facebook, as always stay tuned to Streetwise Drift for more events here in the South East.

Thanks for the sticky status and use of the space and I look forward to seeing you guys at future events. Remember, the next Pro-Am event will be July 9th at Charlotte Motor Speedway. SEE YA!
Doug

Back
Top Bottom