THIEF ALERT!!! Don't deal with Emilio Chavez nor Miguel Matos

This incident gone bad.

I got a call form a guy about purchasing a SR20DET 5sp transmission. I quoted him on a price and asked me to install it. He claims he was recommended by a member on this forum who's name will not be revealed. I have doubt with this member and he has been nothing but good to me in the past. I’m not letting a thief like this guy to ruin the business relationship .We agreed on an amount of $425.00 installed. Not a bad price for a tranny installed. So this person shows up with a 240sx and tells me " This is my Cousins car (Emilio Chavez he lives in the Tampa area) I drove his 240sx and I think I broke the transmission I don't have 5th or reverse". So we decide on replacing the transmission. Once the car is up on the lift we notice that the tranny mount was broken and there was a leak on the top on the transmission where the shifter is located. I call Miguel who is paying for the job and when I call Emilio (His cousin and owner of the car picks up). I tell him: "Your transmission has a broken tranny mount, I can replace it at no extra charge all you need to do is buy the tranny mount. I can order for you brand new is $45.00 dollars or I can sale you a used but good condition one for $25.00." He then says I will call you back to tell my cousin Miguel about the problem. 10 minutes later and he calls me back approving the replacement of the mount. He asked me to sell him the used one for $25.00.

Once the transmission was installed we encounter a problem with the driveshaft. We notice he was using an s14 driveshaft on his s13 motor. We made some modifications to the plate that goes between the driveshaft and the transmission but soon realized they were grinding against each other. We test drove the car and car seemed fine shifted smooth and when Miguel and company arrived to pick it up the transmission, it starts grinding. He wasn’t to happy about that, but because JDM of Miami has 30 Day start up warranty we replaced the transmission at no extra charge. I DIDN'T CHARGE HIM FOR THE LABOR!!!! How much flexible do you want me to get??

I double checked everything and made sure the car was fine. Emilio the owner of the car came by with a friend to pick up the car. Miguel had giving me a check for 425.00 for the labor and transmission as security deposit and said “When the job is done I will give you cash for everything. Emilio didn’t have cash. Instead said my cousin Miguel has the cash. I called Miguel up and he claims he is at work tells me he is going to pass by after work. Emilio wanted to take the car and told him that I needed to get paid. Miguel calls me back claiming that his cousin needs to drive up to Tampa to go back home and tells me to trust me I'm (SFldrifters member) Friend I will come by after work you can ask (SFLDrifters Member) I'm not that kind of guy.

So reluctantly I give Emilio the keys and he drives off with the car. Miguel or Emilio hasn’t been heard or seen since. I had tried to cash the check but there are no funds.

All I asked on here is if you know these guys please get a hold of them and tell them I need my money. I would like to find a solution to this problem without calling authorities.

I hope Emilio or Miguel are ready this because I came through on my part. Now is time to pay up!!!!

Moe

damn moe thats fucked up i wouldnt have givin them the keys without payment no matter who they were. I say call the cops cause they probobly arnt gonna pay you.

damn moe thats fucked up i wouldnt have givin them the keys without payment no matter who they were. I say call the cops cause they probobly arnt gonna pay you.

X2

that was fucked up. you guys should make it a policy or something to pay cash up front or credit card or debt or something.

damm. bad way to start a yr... srr bout that moe.. bt it happends wen ur a good guy n try to do the right thing. hope u get ur stuff or money back./

yea u definately dont deserve this type of shit...u run that business really well...i hope everything works out

that fuckin sux dude but yea i think ur better off letting the authorities handle it. GL to u man and hope u find those fuckers

im sorry to hear that moe, so far the best advice is to call the authorities. i tried looking up anything to do with the mechanic being able to repo a car if the customer cannot make the service payment but I couldnt find anything. maybe you'll have better luck.

good luck with everything and let us know what happened

thank god this type of shit never happens to me

i have no patience or control for shit like that

personally ide find the car bust the window and torch that fucking piece of shit parked right outside his job/home

pm me if anything lol

Look MOE hire ME, M4NFRED, and jdmnismo3000 as what I like to call the regulators! We will find your thiefs HAHAHA!

You gotta have more info than just their names. Do you have to fill out any paperwork when you go get work done? You have a bank account routing number in that check for example,and I'm just saying that if that information where to somehow make it into the intertubes........ Well, there's bad people out there.

damn dude sucks, how you catch them. oh and im Emilio GARCIA not chavez for those of you already getting the wrong idea. hope it all turns out brosky

Back
Top Bottom