The SFLDrifters Podcast: Episode 007

Captain Ben

Hypermiler
Staff member
734894_10200622789557735_1399421746_n.jpg

World Famous Chris Jackson. Wherever he goes mayhem follows closely behind. In making his appearance to the podcast, this episode was plagued with issues from the start. After a painstakingly long editing process to salvage this edition, we bring you perhaps our worst show to date in regards to audio quality. Topics discussed this week:

• Water Cup Challenge & Team Tandem Contest
  • Chelsea Denofa & Andrew Mensah Crash
  • Chris Jackson
  • Formula D
  • USDC
  • Kevin Phillips
We are not responsible for the damage Chris Jackson will cause to your ears and speakers. Download at your own risk.

Download Episode 007 (26.9MB)

I love these so much. An honestly the audio mix up made it pretty funny lol.
Always look forward to listening to these.

from my view point of the wreck, it was both their faults.

Chelsea got way too silly.
Andrew entered later to try to get up to Chelsea.
Chelsea kind of like came out of it weird and put himself more in Andrews way.
Andrew tried to spin himself out to slow down and get out of Chelsea's way.
Chelsea said he didnt even feel Andrew hit him.
Chelsea's car got fixed already. Andrews stock metal rear end is gonna need a lot of fixing.

In competition, it would be ALLL the way Chelsea's fault.

Also, how are the cut tires not what we said we were gonna do? Im pretty sure thats exactly what we said we were gonna do. They got DESTROYED all day that day. If a driver told me they were in the way, I cruised out and cleaned them up.

Andrews LS3/Gforce is way lighter than Chelsea's BMW motor/trans. They have like pretty much identical suspension setups on it.

You guys made my brain hurt when you talked about weight and engines and stuff. Basic race car physics will tell you that you want all the weight as low and as close to center as possible.

If you're on the limiter, you should be up another gear. Limiter can act as a traction control. Up another gear will make more smoke too.

You HAVE to have the anti intrusion bar. There have been a lot of people breaking feet and ankles due to no cage being up there.
ANTI
-
INTRUSION or
ANTI
-
WHEEL INTRUSTION BARS
All cars shall have anti
-
intrusion bars or wheel intrusi
on bars with one tube extending
forward from each front down tube and one tube from the base plate forward to the
firewall but not penetrating any panel. The anti
-
intrusion bars or wheel intrusion bars are
intended for additional foot protection.

Tanners car was super illegal. I dont get how they let that run. It wasnt a tube chassis though.

Jacksons got it right. Whoever can cheat the most without getting caught.

you should put links in this thread (OP) of the video that you discuss, and perhaps links to a media posting about the events that you review/cover. upcoming ones could have links to the notice posts. just so as someone listens they can really follow better if they want.

just a thought.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

In competition, it would be ALLL the way Chelsea's fault.

agreed.
there is another view that shows it from the side and it looks clearly like Chelsea was at fault. Chelsea got reallllllly slow, and angle washed out. Not every track lends itself to a backwards entry for "competition" style. for show drift, sure, it looks great, for practice/FD prep/testing limits, go for it. but the way the run looks at CFRC like that its really akward and you have to transition so soon after the entry- it doesn't really look.

and yes, kill me on the weight stuff. you can change the weight balance by the ride height.... thats how you corner balance a car- so who cares what motor it has.

Back
Top Bottom