The SFLDrifters Podcast: Episode 001

I'm not arguing. I'm only saying that the difference between limiting a car to a 265 is no different to limiting the same car to a 270 since there is no such thing as a 270 tire. lol.

Forgot to mention we hope to do special episodes covering major events, so it may not always be every other week.

ben, i love how your like uhmm there was one more person who crashed i forget who it was... bitch you rode with me! lol

The tire rule is like that because tires grow as they get worn down. I'm not a scientist that understands why that happens, but it does. My 255 tire will start as a 250, and end up a 254. Some tires grow more.

Okay I finally finished this monster of a podcast. I absolutely LOVED every minute of it. Had a few good laughs, and really enjoyed the content. Just want you guys to be more organized during the podcasts like how you'd expect a radio show to be administered. But everything was spot on, great conversations all around and I REALLY, REALLY enjoyed it. Can't wait to listen to the next episode and hopefully this can be expanded beyond our small community.

Gonna have to finish listening 2morro, but I loved everything I've heard so far. An open dicussion about drifting like this was a great idea:bigthumbu.

hmm

Well just joking. But assbo does run 255 but the max is 265 though he isn't sure how much the car weighs. He said its about 2,500 lbs so I was wrong. My bad. Lol

Well, the car may way around 2500 lbs, but the tire/weight rule considers the weight of the with the driver in it, while being fully suited. Frederic Aasbo is a pretty tall dude, so it would be hard to imagine him weighing less than around 200 lbs. while wearing the suit and helmet. 2500 + 200 = 2700. That would put him in the 260 tire class.

Anyway, the podcast was awesome. I enjoyed every second of it. I wish I was able to make it out there that night, but my boy came from California, and it was the only time he was able to hang out.

I'm not arguing. I'm only saying that the difference between limiting a car to a 265 is no different to limiting the same car to a 270 since there is no such thing as a 270 tire. lol.

I believe....

since they actually measure the contact patches and due to tires being slightly under typical pressure, they can sag a bit causing a wider patch. This would be also exaggerated if the car is running a decent stretch with a lower pressure.

Also, some tires are a little wider on different brands even when comparing 265 vs 265s. (on purpose or by pure chance)

it gives wiggle room, if you will, so teams aren't being DQ'd left and right for too wide of a tire.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

oh and, the podcast is pretty sweet so far, had me laughing a bit, im still in the KOC portion, had to pause it and attend to the class im teaching.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom