The myth

s0loWkooPi

Trolling hard since '09
Driver
WTF is up with SR's blowing up rocker arms? Yes I realize that this has been covered; however, if it's true that they blow up due to high reeving, then why is it that the JDM Silvia cluster reads 9K?! I've heard cases of people reving up to 7.5k and blowing them bitches. Whats your 2 cents on this?!?:confused:

WTF is up with SR's blowing up rocker arms? Yes I realize that this has been covered; however, if it's true that they blow up due to high reeving, then why is it that the JDM Silvia cluster reads 9K?! I've heard cases of people reving up to 7.5k and blowing them bitches. Whats your 2 cents on this?!?:confused:

everything changes in the higher revs. things begin to vibrate and flex and my guess is that this and the ultimate design of the sr valve train is what leads to the issue

idk.. in the last 20 years of my drift experience I myself nor anyone on my team has ever had an issue with rocker arms before or after installation of RAS and tons of abuse with the rev limiters.. just buy a motor that isnt falling apart or buy some RAS they are only 100$ wtf :)

idk.. In the last 20 years of my drift experience i myself nor anyone on my team has ever had an issue with rocker arms before or after installation of ras and tons of abuse with the rev limiters.. Just buy a motor that isnt falling apart or buy some ras they are only 100$ wtf :)

amen!!!!!!!!!!!

Bouncing off the rev limiter and mis-shifting down tend to be the cause of rocker arm failure. Also anti-lag systems. Hydraulic lifters are part of the reason for rocker failures. Many top engine builders don't believe an RAS does anything - there are plenty of sr's w/ RAS kits installed and displaced rockers.

lolol.jpg

oh what were we talking about again?

Ive broken a rocker arm during a lil u-turn action with RAS installed (and Bee-R rev limitter) :D ...shit happens

Back
Top Bottom